Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it states a buddy and i installed my TW 6pos chip and it idles fine but any throttle and its real sluggish. The tranny slips till about 3000rpms then slowly picks up speed. Even on the stock setting its the same. The tranny temps went to 250 within 1 mile test drive... anyone have a clue? Could he have tuned it wrong? It was on my 94.5 5spd, i sent it back to have him reburn it for my 97 auto.
I have stg1s, 17* hpop, exhaust,....etc no tranny mods but he was told stock trans and it never slipped before.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Installed a TW chip and tranny went

i couldn't post in the performance section for some reason so if a mod wants to move it i would appriciate it!

·
Failure to Communicate
1,133 Posts

A little confused if you had ran the chip on the 5 speed and then had it reburned for the 97 auto and that truck is the one slipping or what?

If so, well I wouldn't have ran it very long slipping an auto out to 3000 before it moved but that's just me.

The other answer is if this was your first tune on the truck with stage 1's and a stock tranny the tranny just wasn't up to the task and lived a short and painful life with the new found power.

I would have pulled the chip out completely and if it is fine with no chip in it then there could possibly be a line pressure issue in the programming but that would be a big guess.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Correct... this is a reburn. It was on the 95 5spd, reburnt for my 97 auto. My driveway is about an 1/8th mile long so i was getting out to the road when i realized it was all wrong. I didn't take it on a trip or somthin, went down the road and turned around. The whole chip was completley removed. As for the 3K rpms, it moved in low rpms but not nearly close to what its suppose to. I couldn't tell at driveway idle speed it was F'd. Its completley fine without the chip. Of course you can never get in contact with Tony and he very seldom answers a email. It took 3 weeks to get a responce to have this chip reburned.
Not to happy with the service i guess, Anyone else recomend a better tunner/chip for the 97? I just might be in the market.
thanks for the big guess

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts

Correct... this is a reburn. It was on the 95 5spd, reburnt for my 97 auto. My driveway is about an 1/8th mile long so i was getting out to the road when i realized it was all wrong. I didn't take it on a trip or somthin, went down the road and turned around. The whole chip was completley removed. As for the 3K rpms, it moved in low rpms but not nearly close to what its suppose to. I couldn't tell at driveway idle speed it was F'd. Its completley fine without the chip. Of course you can never get in contact with Tony and he very seldom answers a email. It took 3 weeks to get a responce to have this chip reburned.
Not to happy with the service i guess, Anyone else recomend a better tunner/chip for the 97? I just might be in the market.
thanks for the big guess
I never had a problem getting a hold of Tony.......He does do tuning part time so its not his full time gig. My guess is that he detuned it alot since its a stock trans.

·
SLOW LEARNER
739 Posts

I would first try to get ahold of Tony. If you really can't get hold of him then try here. Talk to him first and I'm sure he'll do all he can to help.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts

If I read this correctly you are stating that the transmission operate perfectly fine without the chip installed. That would mean that there is a serious problem with the tuning for some reason. Leave the chip out and have it fixed. You will burn the trans up in no time with it slipping like that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

If I read this correctly you are stating that the transmission operate perfectly fine without the chip installed. That would mean that there is a serious problem with the tuning for some reason. Leave the chip out and have it fixed. You will burn the trans up in no time with it slipping like that.
YEA... its out! :mad:there is no way in hell it would even drive. That the problem!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Has anyone experienced similar problems?

·
Registered
763 Posts

like i said i have. the other day it shifted so hard that the radio i had almost fell out. have [email protected] change it up or at least see what his opinion is.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts

Has anyone experienced similar problems?
Yeah, My original e4od died a day after I got my stg. 1s and a 100 hp tune from DP tuners. But I did not come on here and b!tch about it. They used to make alittle smaller injector called a tranny saver for a reason.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Yeah, My original e4od died a day after I got my stg. 1s and a 100 hp tune from DP tuners. But I did not come on here and b!tch about it. They used to make alittle smaller injector called a tranny saver for a reason.
Dude.. not bitchin! I asked him to soften the tune up for a stock tranny. The truck's tranny has a jasper rebuild in it with about 20k on it. All i was lookin for was a little input as far as maybe there was a mistake if this is common with the tune. This isn't my first rodeo with what hp and tq will do to stock or even modified parts. This is however my first experience with one of these tunes. I'm in no way looking for sympathetic B.S. gay like posts seen on the other forums.:blah:
I stated in earlier posts that even on the stock settings it acted the same way. removed and fixed.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts

Dude.. not bitchin! I asked him to soften the tune up for a stock tranny. The truck's tranny has a jasper rebuild in it with about 20k on it. All i was lookin for was a little input as far as maybe there was a mistake if this is common with the tune. This isn't my first rodeo with what hp and tq will do to stock or even modified parts. This is however my first experience with one of these tunes. I'm in no way looking for sympathetic B.S. gay like posts seen on the other forums.:blah:
I stated in earlier posts that even on the stock settings it acted the same way. removed and fixed.
have you tried to contact him? like I said I know its hard to get in touch with him since this isnt his full time gig.

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
anyone ever figure this out? i installed a ts chip without a knob and it instantly slipped like this. i think we installed it wrong or something?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
anyone ever figure this out? i installed a ts chip without a knob and it instantly slipped like this. i think we installed it wrong or something?
I Am sure your trans is junk a almost 300k adding a chip to it wasnt the best idea

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I went trrough 2 jaspers .and there customer service sucks !!and that was befor the big sticks!
if you cant get hold of tony call swamps. fast turn around and good people to work with !!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
What setting was the chip on? all the way turned up it will blow right threw the stock converter. and will cause it to slip. stock trans will not live long. we have to keep our tw turned down on our 02 powerstroke for that reason.

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
I Am sure your trans is junk a almost 300k adding a chip to it wasnt the best idea
It was installed on a truck with 142k miles. Idk what setting it was on cuz it doesn't have a knob. It slipped so bad it wouldn't hardly take off. I don't really think it was the trannys fault.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts