Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting the stage 2 kit from snow. It comes with three injectors where would I tap these? What are the best places and easiest to get to? What shpuld I set my controller at and when to spray?

·
Registered
922 Posts
not sure on everything else but the nozzles need to be tapped into the intake horn or cfm which ever you wanna call it. idk if all 3 are suppose to go in at once but i think each nozzle is for a different set up and you can change them out to better suit you needs. i could be totally wrong on that part but thats where you tap them

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This sounds really stupid but what and where is the cfm?

·
Registered
474 Posts
On the front of the motor. Big tube in front of the motor on the drivers side. I'll get a pic for you.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm pointing at it. Right on the front of the motor.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I think the name for that is the intake horn. CFM makes an aftermarket one that is already tapped

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok cool. That would be easy to tap because I can unbolt that and take it off so I can tap and clean it up so I dont have any shavings in there. thank you For your help guys.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have seen someone put two of the nozzles into the stock intake where u would normally see them. Then the third one was in the plastic part spraying straight towards the intake. So the first two sprayed perpendicular and the third was inline with air flow. Dont know which nozzle was what but just an idea

·
Registered
922 Posts
id get a new intake horn that is already tapped so that if you sell the truck you could take all that off with ease. then there is no drilling and tapping

·
Registered
474 Posts
Cools the egt's

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
i have snow's stage II kit. I'm only running two nozzles(375ml/min and 175ml/min)...it's more than enough water for my truck at 500hp. I have mine starting to inject at 15psi and full at 30psi. I also use the cheap blue winter blend windshield washer fluid and it works great. Here's a pic of my nozzles in my large mouth CFM+ intake elbow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
there should be a data chart in the instructions that will help you feigure out what and how many nozzles to run...i run two of the larger ones because of my horse power, i do not believe all three would be needed....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much extra power did you guys feel with your setups

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
i only dyno'd on fuel...didn't try the water so don't exactly know. Definitly 25hp or more i think.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
i dont have actual hp numbers, i do however see my temps drop, and definitly feel more in the pedal when getting in the throttle up a hill

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Vivian at quick tricks quoted me a towing snow kit for $750 what do you guys think as of what kit I should get. Im looking to cool the egt's and getting 550hp.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Everything in my sig

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Without a turbo upgrade...you wont hit 550rwhp. You should be close to 500hp tho with the water/meth.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts