Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the .70 out and went up to a 80 somthing i think i lost power I might not have enough fuel..I kno some peole are running 100s with stock sticks and im at 5000 plus ft you would thinkiwld have alot of extra fuel...

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya know i can do that.....but like said most people are running a bigger jet even at sea level

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
honestly i would think that you would have plenty of fuel to burn with that jet you were running in douglas. I'm wondering if the cold bottle is what caused the loss of power :shrug:

Also phil check the part number on your nitrous soleniod to see what it flows, alot of them will only flow about .070 anyway.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I think you can have your FICM tuned and it will give you more fuel. I run a .88 wich is about 200hp and when I am on it there isn't enough black smoke behind me to speak of. I also had my FICM tuned. Not saying you can't get enough fuel without it. Just saying that from what I see behind my truck. The fuel I am putting to it is being pretty much spent. If I get on it without NOS it does shoot out a cloud of smoke. I also have stock injectors.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya i wonder if it is my fuel pump...and ya tha was crazy at douglas too im ot sure what the deal was that day andsince we got rained out i really didny get to play with it so i went back tothe 70. Thenthe other day i decided to up it a little to a 86 and i lost power for sure...oh and i made sure she had plenty of nitrous pressure this time 950-1000psi with the zex heater....Im wondering if is my pump!!!

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I got a air dog II on the way that is regulated so im gonna straper on and see what happens...My gauges should be here about the same time and ill be able to monitor the fuel pressure ill post up when i get it together see if i can jump up a jetor two untill i get the RCD 175s or maybe 155s not sure yet

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
If you knew what the fuel pressure was now, that would be very helpful.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya it would...But im doing injectors this next week so i need the air dog any ways...

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will do man. Hows the 6.4 treatin ya?

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
14.2 No tracton spinning all four past the 60 these nittos grapplers arnt track tires lol...But my buddy has a 2005 ss ported polished supercharged 500 plus all wheel HP and it will run 13.8s all day and on the street i can get him by a few trucks...so if that gives you a idea...

·
Registered
741 Posts
Next time you go leave at 2000rpm and see how that does. If I go above 2000 my truck will spin also. I run a flat 14.00 on fuel and 13.4 on spray.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Yeah you were spinning like crazy that day, even at lower boost levels, im sure them mud tires arent the best, but i cut the best 60 foot times i have ever cut at douglas. 1.78 LOL

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
That zoodad mod is probably cramming a lot more air in there, so you won't be able to use as much nitrous.

:D But you're right, a .110 jet seems to work perfect for most, including myself (and I have a zoodad mod also LOL ). I wonder if it could be a difference in the nitrous kit itself.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know man the 6.4 was fukin doin work!!! Ya man my tires screwed me!! Its cool new year new sticks new fuel system new turbo....Lots of fun

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I got my pressure gauge hooked up when my converter locks my pressure drops to 20ish and is low at idle to...So we will see how the air dog does monday along with the RR Bling Bling LOL Then i can stick a bigger jet in a see what happens while i wait for the new goodies

1 - 19 of 19 Posts