Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 99 Ford F-250 superduty 7.3 with a 4r100 trans input shaft won’t slide all the way in about an 1inch and a half from where it needs to set u can feel it hit the splines inside but won’t go but maybe a 1/4 inch into the splines and nothing is in the way blocking it that I can see

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you just have the trans apart?
So I blew the bell housing apart on the trans put a new trans in and didn’t line the torque converter up to the pump only the first two splines so I had a gap between the bell housing and the motor and cranked the bell housing bolts down and it made a pop noise witch I was told it broke the pump so I took the pump out of the old trans put it in the new trans and now the input shaft won’t slide all the way in

·
Super Moderator
5,333 Posts
So I blew the bell housing apart on the trans put a new trans in and didn’t line the torque converter up to the pump only the first two splines so I had a gap between the bell housing and the motor and cranked the bell housing bolts down and it made a pop noise witch I was told it broke the pump so I took the pump out of the old trans put it in the new trans and now the input shaft won’t slide all the way in
did you check to see if the input shaft splines are twisted or damaged? Did the coast clutch drum become dislodged when you remove the pump?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts