Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running these yet? Looking to tune my 6.7 and keep it intact for warrenty reasons. I've heard good things about Kem's dpf on tunes with the green card but the sct from innovative seems like a much cheaper alternative. I'm not looking to build a race truck here so maximum power really isn't the goal just want something a bit more responsive and fun with a shifting strategy that doesn't suck like Ford's. I know theres been alot of which tunners is best threads lately but no real mention of the sct from innovative and from what they have done in the past I can see them as a good option.

·
Resident IDP Expert.
382 Posts
Check out my review on the ID/SCT DPF on tunes

Cliffs notes...

The tunes are great and very powerful. The tuner comes with towing, street and performance tunes as well as transmission tuning. I'm thoroughly impressed with the transmission tuning and would purchase that alone because its so much better than the stock tuning. You won't be disappointed with the money spent.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was your thread that got me thinking about the sct but just wanted to see what others felt about the tunning. No offence I hope, theres just tons of people that are praising the H&S and KEM stuff right now and you are the only one with Innovative's tunes that I can find. But they just came out reasently also so that makes a big difference. Was hoping someone had tried both and could give a good comparrision.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
If they will be able to tell the truck has been reflashed and tuned anyway wht not just go all out. They can tell you are tuned by how many times your truck has been flashed from what I was told.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So there's no foot print left behind then? That would be great.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
I retract my last statement then.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I just ordered the sct and they said the dealers cant tell if its been tunned once you set it back to stock, so thats good. Now I have to wait till it gets here and try it out!!! Hopefully there isnt to much snow this week. I will keep you guys posted on how it runs as soon as I can.

·
Resident IDP Expert.
382 Posts
It was your thread that got me thinking about the sct but just wanted to see what others felt about the tunning. No offence I hope, theres just tons of people that are praising the H&S and KEM stuff right now and you are the only one with Innovative's tunes that I can find. But they just came out reasently also so that makes a big difference. Was hoping someone had tried both and could give a good comparrision.
Honestly, I'm not here to bash anyone or go toe to toe with anyone about their products or the products they choose to run on their truck. However...I've done my research, watched people who've grenades turbos, looked at different feedback and spoken to numerous people about tunes and it all came back to "wait for Eric to release his tune, you'll be very satisfied". I had a buddy at school who had a custom ID tune for his 6L compound setup and said that it was by far the smoothest tuning he's ever had and he's owned numerous tuned trucks. I've heard mixed reviews about other companies and decided to wait it out and I'm extremely glad that I waited for the ID tune. The power is great, the bump in mpg is awesome and ID is a great company to deal with.

If they will be able to tell the truck has been reflashed and tuned anyway wht not just go all out. They can tell you are tuned by how many times your truck has been flashed from what I was told.
Not necessarily true. There are a lot of skeptics out there who will tell you that they can see a footprint, but the truth is that they're going to have to dig heavily to find any sort of trace of a tune. From what I've been told by diesel techs who work at Ford is that there isn't really a way to scan and find that it's been tuned but if they pull the motor apart, it's more likely that they'll see its been tuned by the wearing of certain parts -- makes sense.

the reason [email protected] and [email protected] have both taken so long on custom tunes were so 1)they could get everything dialed in correctly 2) make sure it was totally untraceable by dealers.... they have told me that on the phone
Church.

So there's no foot print left behind then? That would be great.
Little to none. That was my big selling point with the ID DPF on tune...

Well I just ordered the sct and they said the dealers cant tell if its been tunned once you set it back to stock, so thats good. Now I have to wait till it gets here and try it out!!! Hopefully there isnt to much snow this week. I will keep you guys posted on how it runs as soon as I can.
Congrats on your purchase, I think you'll be very happy with the ID tune. The best part about the ID/SCT tuner is that you load your stock software onto the tuner before you put the reflash onto the ECU. Thus, it's not just Eric writing stock software as that would easily be detected by the dealership. It's legitimately the stock software that came with the truck. Which, in turn, makes it harder for the dealer to see if you've tuned your truck. The initial download/upload takes a minute, but it's worth it. :redspotdance:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Buck Russell for all your input, I also was waiting to see what would pop up in the 6.7 world after the first year or so, things should only get better the more guys figure these motors out, can't wait.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I like what I am hearing here and look forward to your review.

One question though, can you set the tire size with the programmer?

·
Resident IDP Expert.
382 Posts
The SCT unit will actually ask you if you are running the stock tire size and what the cold pressure of the tires you're running...

The SCT unit will also clear DTC's as well as give you logging capability for certain data blocks. It's quite a robust little unit and the cost is not that bad. Eric said he's working with SCT on the other tuners (hardware) for release in the near future. Not sure how long that's going to be since SCT was one of the main reasons for the delay in the release of this software... All in all, can't go wrong for $650!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have to ask, did anyone else have problems (on a 6.4) I was running SCT with erics tunes and the dpf on option selected... my truck clogged up and I had to tow it to the dealer :(

I DONT want that to happen on my 6.7! ... so.. how certain is this to not happen.

On second thought I may have been running the second highest tune which ... wasnt smart... but then why give the dpf on option?

·
Mmh what next
211 Posts
I have to ask, did anyone else have problems (on a 6.4) I was running SCT with erics tunes and the dpf on option selected... my truck clogged up and I had to tow it to the dealer :(

I DONT want that to happen on my 6.7! ... so.. how certain is this to not happen.

On second thought I may have been running the second highest tune which ... wasnt smart... but then why give the dpf on option?
Not going to happen with the urea injection plus u Eric never made the 6.4 tunes for Dpf on to run extreme street

1 - 20 of 51 Posts