Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i run the transmission tuning in soft stock lock and not hurt the transmission because i hate the way the truck shifts in firm stock lock? if im not hard on it will it hurt my truck in any way?thanks

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
I dont even think thats an option is it? as far as i know you have firmer shifts stock lock, dyno, and race lock.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Is yours the latest extreme street? How long ago was your tuner purchased/updated? Im positive mine doesnt have a soft shift option.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had it a couple weeks now its the new tunes.im not comfortable with the way it shifts in firm stock lock.i have run it for around 150 miles and it still doesnt shift good.

·
Registered
429 Posts
My firm shift can be all over the place in extreme street, i only have the option for race shifts and firm stock shifts. I've put lots of miles on it too, highway and town. Had to go back to the street tune, the shifting seems better.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have erics tunes.. Yea he told me on a thread of mine i started saying you can run the Soft shift but he doesn't recommend it. if you baby your truck their shouldn't be a issue at all. but Xstreet is really good with firm shifting i run it and have no issues. you want a firm shift with high HP tune. I was in your shoes on this situation jus give it a chance with the firm shift... its crazy Power isn't it!!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I don't have the soft shift option either, mine is race, firm stock or dyno. I wish I had soft shift option because mine rattles the damn windows at 10mph when it shifts and I can't be any liter on the throttle. But I am sending mine back for Eric to tweak some things anyway so just gonna have it softened up alittle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i also have the same and when i ran street i chose 5th gear dyno and it actually ran great then i went to xtreme street with firmer stock because i also do not have soft lock? and it felt like a tow truck was jerking me every time it shifted and sounded so loud so i went back to street with firmer stock and the shifting stayed the same????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts