Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been running extreme street for a while now with firm stock lock and still hate the way it shifts,so i tried race lock and the shifting is way better can anyone explain why?I would think the shifting would be firmer than the firm stock lock but it doesnt have the teeth rattiling of the firm shifts.thanks

·
Registered
803 Posts
The converter lockup dampens the shifts some. The firm shifts on the "Firm Shift" setting's is necessary with the power the Xtreme programs make. Even at part throttle, the torque is way beyond what the clutches would take on a slow and low pressure shift.

Traction bars cut the feel of the shift in half, a lot of it is due to the axle wrap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What one is better for the tranny?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I had the same issue, and was going to send mine back to Eric to get adjusted but I have now left it in for 3 full tanks and the shifting is spot on. For some reason my truck took a very long time to learn, but once it was left in(about 1000 miles) it is very good. Sometimes it still shifts alittle too firm but 95% of the time it is flawless.

I am not even going to send it back now. I am very happy with it.

So maybe you need to just leave it on a tune for awhile and tough it out for a few tanks and see what happens, unless you already have done that.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
tire size helps... eric walked me thru some steps regarding my built trans, and the thing shift on like donkey kong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts