Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Innovative custom tuned Livewire and am know reconsidering it. I know the livewire is ugly but as for tuning can I go wrong. Should I just get a H&S with canned or KEM tunes? I do not really want a Spartan. Just want to know can I rea

·
Registered
293 Posts
Got my Innovative custom tuned Livewire and am know reconsidering it. I know the livewire is ugly but as for tuning can I go wrong. Should I just get a H&S with canned or KEM tunes? I do not really want a Spartan. Just want to know can I rea

I recently purchased a livewire and no I don't really like it for gauges compared to some of the others on the market but that wasn't my major concern...tunning was!

If you want power for street driving,towing or racing then you've gone to the right place!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently purchased a livewire and no I don't really like it for gauges compared to some of the others on the market but that wasn't my major concern...tunning was!

If you want power for street driving,towing or racing then you've gone to the right place!
Sounds good. Not too worried about the ugliness of the livewire. Prolly just monitor stuff when I need to. Seems like SCT for monitoring is one of the most accurate. Maybe if I see a used DasDaq sometime for $250 bucks I will jump on it haha

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
If you find one for that ill probably be already bought it. But you can save some money and buy one new directly threw DrewTech

·
TimmyaleX
656 Posts
I'll give you $200 for your livewire

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you save tunes off the livewire to the computer or how? Can you swap tunes from different tuners like the X3 on a 6.0? Say if I want xstreet, street and an srl and a tune from KEM. Can I do that or impossible. Is the drivers and device updater the same for liverwire as X3 or do I need new software?

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Im not sure on the software i think it is the same but dont hold me to it. Innovative's tunes are in the "preloaded" section leaving the "custom" section open for more tuners like KEM or Gearhead

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a way I could save my IDP tunes off my livewire onto the computer?

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
I havent figured that out either, but im pretty sure he cant save them anyways

·
TimmyaleX
656 Posts
He could call Innovative and ask them to e-mail him coppies of his tunes then save them to his computer.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
What good would they be? He will not have the full version like a preloaded livewire from IDP

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would save them just for insurance reasons in case my LW ever somehow got erased and my tunes were gone. Also would want to save them because I may want to get some Gearheads, TSD, or KEM tunes. I had probably 15 or more different tunes saved on my computer for my 6.0. I could swap them out and onto my X3. That is why I would want to save them. I know you cannot put them on pther devices.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Innovative Diesel's tunes are stored in the preloaded tune section. There are no other tuners that store there tunes there so saving them on the computer for more space will do you no good. Other tuners like KEM or Gearhead store in the Custom tunes section

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Innovative Diesel's tunes are stored in the preloaded tune section. There are no other tuners that store there tunes there so saving them on the computer for more space will do you no good. Other tuners like KEM or Gearhead store in the Custom tunes section
Sounds good. Thanks

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is there a specific trans relearn for Eric's tunes as there is for the Spartan?

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
I just drive it like i normally wouldl, not too hard not too soft, just normal. Mine shifts fine IMHO.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This probably doesnt have anything to do with tuning or anything, but I have an oil leak on the drivers side of the motor. I took my stock exhaust off, put S&B cold air intake on, rerouted CCV, and put a livewire street tune on. The oil is coming from above the exhaust manifold or somewhere. I routed the crankcase with 1 inch hose. Not coming out of there. I dont know what it could be.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Every time I get on my truck hard with just the ID street tune it throws a wrench. These last two time I have got a P0234 which is an overboost and a P1000. Anyway to prevent getting that over boost? I hit about 48 psi on the street tune. I would imagine xstreet and xrace would have more boost yet. Throws wrench and goes into reduced power.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts