Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about picking up an SCT X4 tuner from Innovative Diesel. For a little extra, they offer 3 custom tunes to go with it. I've got a pretty much stock 05' F250 with a little over 200,000 miles on it. I use it for towing my 6,000lb camper, and my 5,000lb boat. I'm looking for a daily driver tune that will give me a little more performance and power, and more MPG while just cruising around town. Another tune for when I'm towing my camper and boat......and maybe a third tune strictly for squeezing the most MPG out of the truck while on long road trips.

Innovative has suggest their Extreme Street Tune for a DD tune, their Street Tune for when I'm towing stuff under 10,000lbs, and their Economy Tune for ...well, for getting more MPG.

Are all of these tunes safe for a stock motor with stock head gaskets and bolts? I have a monitor set up so I can keep an eye on everything.

Overall...how are the Innovative tunes compared to all of the other guys out there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
I did not like innovative tunes. They tried several revisions and did not get it right. I use drew at BRP . I have a few tunes from him and I get the best drivability and shifting from his tunes

If you have not replaced headgaskets at all start saving now especially if you had any power

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,844 Posts
I did not like innovative tunes. They tried several revisions and did not get it right. I use drew at BRP . I have a few tunes from him and I get the best drivability and shifting from his tunes

If you have not replaced headgaskets at all start saving now especially if you had any power
is drew at backroad still doing tunes?? certainly seemed to have done some great work no doubt, but i haven't seen him post here in years

1 - 4 of 4 Posts