·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had it on my 2007....tunes are

Stock w/ EGR off
Economy tune
Towing tune

I put the truck back to stock before I sold it so the tuner should be all set.

$300 plus ship

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
post the strategy the tunes were wrote for, mine sold faster after i posted which strategy they were for and people will be able to you your custom tunes
not sure i understand....thought the strategy tunes are the canned SCT ones...this has 3 custom tunes from ID as i listed

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
The custom tunes from any vendor (Innovative in this case) are written to the truck's specific PCM strategy. Not all trucks from the same year have the same strategy, and any other differences between two trucks (tire size, gear ratio, type of turbo, injector size, and supporting mods like head studs or fuel pump) will need new custom tunes.

In other words, unless another truck has the same mods / configuration as yours AND the same PCM strategy, those custom tunes from Innovative will not work.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The custom tunes from any vendor (Innovative in this case) are written to the truck's specific PCM strategy. Not all trucks from the same year have the same strategy, and any other differences between two trucks (tire size, gear ratio, type of turbo, injector size, and supporting mods like head studs or fuel pump) will need new custom tunes.

In other words, unless another truck has the same mods / configuration as yours AND the same PCM strategy, those custom tunes from Innovative will not work.
gotcha...never heard it called that. Always thought the Strategy tunes were the canned ones. What your describing to me is just the computer code but I understand

I honestly dont remember....

truck was stock when I got the tuner...tunes were for a stock truck...

·
Administrator
33,266 Posts
so you have an SCT X3 it has to have custom tunes it does not support Canned SCT tunes like the SF
so you should really look at what you have and see if you can post it

post your mods if any ,, sounds like stock ..

plug the X3 into your truck (if you have it?) for a minute and read the strategies easy to do and has no impact on uses

or check your emails if they were sent from ID ?

either way it could net you a faster sale like it did WEBB

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so you have an SCT X3 it has to have custom tunes it does not support Canned SCT tunes like the SF
so you should really look at what you have and see if you can post it

post your mods if any ,, sounds like stock ..

plug the X3 into your truck (if you have it?) for a minute and read the strategies easy to do and has no impact on uses

or check your emails if they were sent from ID ?

either way it could net you a faster sale like it did WEBB
yes I sold the truck....didnt know it was a big deal as they are always for sale / bought in the Mustang community.

I did just find an email with YJZ1 in it?

also has a revised tune in it that I put in the tuner

my truck was stock when I bought the tuner. I only bought it to have an economy tune (save on gas) and a towing tune for a bit better performance. ID added the stock w/ egr off just bc there were 3 slots.

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Do you know how many unlocks are left on it? Although your custom tunes may only be valuable to a percentage of the potential buyers, the device itself may be worth something to everyone

Free bump for ya.....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you know how many unlocks are left on it? Although your custom tunes may only be valuable to a percentage of the potential buyers, the device itself may be worth something to everyone

Free bump for ya.....
someone else pm'ed me asking that. I bought it brand new from ID....original owner...never heard of the "unlocks" thing either. sorry guys

·
Administrator
33,266 Posts
well then u only burned up one use if it was new

I would email ID and ask them what the heck you bought tune wise

it can net you $40-$70 more if another buyer can use them

U have 4 uses left before it needs sent in for a $150 unlock ==Scam

http://www.sctflash.com/PDF/X3_SF3Manual.pdf

PS if you would have got a performance tune I bet you would have kept the 6.0... the Eco tune is a joke

but good luck and happy roads

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well then u only burned up one use if it was new

I would email ID and ask them what the heck you bought tune wise

it can net you $40-$70 more if another buyer can use them

U have 4 uses left before it needs sent in for a $150 unlock ==Scam

http://www.sctflash.com/PDF/X3_SF3Manual.pdf

PS if you would have got a performance tune I bet you would have kept the 6.0... the Eco tune is a joke

but good luck and happy roads
deff not...without even using a perf tune the damn thing started puking at 70k miles...and for some reason mine just got terrible gas mileage stock tune or tuned. My '11 is getting 6mpg more (hand calculated)

thanks for the help...I will try to find out whats on it

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just got an email from Eric @ ID saying my tunes will not work on any other truck bc they are custom tunes. The buyer just has to send it to tuner of their choice and have tunes loaded for their truck as the X3 will work on any truck

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
had it on my 2007....tunes are

Stock w/ EGR off
Economy tune
Towing tune

I put the truck back to stock before I sold it so the tuner should be all set.

$275 plus ship

just got an email from Eric @ ID saying my tunes will not work on any other truck bc they are custom tunes. The buyer just has to send it to tuner of their choice and have tunes loaded for their truck as the X3 will work on any truck. So whoever purchases this I can send it right back to ID and you can call him up and get your own custom tunes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.