Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Power by IH
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any good pics??

from yesterday- did ball joints on soon to be in-laws E150, smashed my middle finger pretty good, made for a lousy day at work.

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
The end of a ratchet strap decided to hit me right above my eye. I got 13 stitches out of the deal.

Surprisingly enough it didn't hurt but now when I am tired my eye starts to close a little more than the other one.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Pulling my tranny, 1/2 ratchet slipped, hit me in the jaw.

Hurt for a week. About a year later I had a jaw tooth that absessed. Had it pulled out, there is a hunk of jawbone still attached to it. The dendist said it had been broken for a while.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
working on the front brakes, trying to pull one of the steel shims off and some how forcibly poked myself in the eye- with a greasy finger- didn't hurt for about 10 seconds, then hurt like hell for a couple of days- couldn't see well for the rest of the day.

·
GMC Tech
244 Posts
I've had probably more than my fair share of smashed fingers and busted knuckles, but there is one thing that hurt so bad and I remember vividly. No pics, and not a visible injury, but... long time ago, I was changing the fuel filter on a Chevy gasser and somehow managed to let a bunch of gas to run down in my ear. Yes, I cried like a girl.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Brake cleaner in the eye will make you run so fast, that someone will have to spray brake cleaner in their eye to catch you.

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Anyone got any good pics??

from yesterday- did ball joints on soon to be in-laws E150, smashed my middle finger pretty good, made for a lousy day at work.

dude...I have to ask...what kind of camera took those pics?...

those pics have unbelievable quality..

·
I helped make ur rimz....
619 Posts
last summer i was working on my '79 f-150, i was working on it from the side and my lower body was located near the wheel well, i didnt know there was a yellow jackets nest in the wheel well, and apparently when your working on something and making alot of noise, these things get pissed.

bastards stung me twice in the groin, and about 15-20 times all over my legs and thighs, i was wearing shorts at the time ( HUGE mistake, shoulda worn denim jeans) my buddy was laughing the entire time. does this count?

other wise i did have a chevy 350 engine fall onto my foot, it was only about 18 inches off the ground, but it hurt for 4 days.

now my grandfather on the other hand lost 2 fingers when he was working on his race car and got them caught in the engine belt, told my [email protected] uncle " DO NOT turn on the car.", and guess what said uncle did....

my buddies dad got it the worst though, he was 15 and was working on a tractor, he told one of his dads hands to help out, the hired hand climbed into the tractor and when my buddies dad was under the hood the guy started the tractor with out warning. My buddies dad lost his arm because of that accident.

·
Pulling sled for hire
1,905 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Did this Wednesday taking the cat off my cousin's truck. Got my thumb between a 4 lb. hammer and the cross member and here's the results. I've never had anything hurt like this has. Luckily the nail is about to fall off which I hope will relieve the pressure.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Nice hole in the nail. Did that help any?

·
Pulling sled for hire
1,905 Posts
For a little while. It got the pressure off which helped a ton, but then it just swelled up and has felt like it's going to pop for the past few days.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
I once rolled my finger in between the hub and the impact wrench... THAT was some pain... I'm nervous any time I use an impact now...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts