Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these codes on my 2012 6.7 I wanted to know if a bad injector can cause bad blow by or is it just the wear on the rings that cause that and will it cause to burn your oil. It’s is smoking a pretty good amount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
If you have excessive blow by with a misfire you may have a mechanical issue with that cylinder, especially if you’re burning oil. But it is possible for An injector to cause that code too. I would compression test cylinder 6 and then make your decision based on the numbers.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
You very well could have an injector proble, which have caused a mechanical problem on that cylinder from over fueling. Perform a compression test and see where you’re at.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd like to add my experience with fuel injectors on my '04 6.0 Excursion...the motor had gotten to where it was running rough until it was warmed up...a friend said he recognized the problem telling me to change the oil and use Hotshot Stiction eliminator...I did and within the week, a few hundred miles, the motor is running smoothly again...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts