Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I’m looking for injectors for my 97 f250 7.3. This is going to be a project truck and I’m going to be willing to do work on it. I was looking at the full force stage 2 180cc with 100% nozzle. I already have a cold air intake, and was going to get an exhaust, hydra chip, wicked wheel, bigger turbo, gauges etc etc... I’m also trying to push around 450- 500hp, and around 700-900 ft pounds of torque. As I said, it’s a project so I am willing to do work.what I just want to know is where I can get good injectors and what kinds would be best for what I’m doing. THANKS!! I appreciate it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd personally run larger hybrids, 238-250 with 100s for the power you're wanting and the fact you'll want more power eventually.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
What I’d recommend is view you truck as a fully integrated system..... cause that’s what it is. In other words, sort out what you will be doing with it first. Then review what you have currently e.g., transmission, differential gears, tire size. Then make a list of improvements you need to get where you wanna be. This will save you significant time and money to map out the W5, (what, where, when, why and who does the work). As example FFD 180/100 can make the power you’re looking for, but you’ll need a high pressure oil pump, intercooler, Bigger turbo, more robust tranny, electric fuel, exhaust, probably new up pipes, possibly differential gear change pending tire size and where you live. If in the mountains say towing, that’s a whole heapin’ bunch different then living at sea level and never towing. Or as you mentioned a project rig, well ok, what type of project truck?

Other thing I’d recommend is use the search function here as there are literally hundreds of guys before you..... learn from them via reading posts. If you want longevity, plan on keeping it for a few years, spend the time researching, create a plan then execute.
j

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I’d recommend is view you truck as a fully integrated system..... cause that’s what it is. In other words, sort out what you will be doing with it first. Then review what you have currently e.g., transmission, differential gears, tire size. Then make a list of improvements you need to get where you wanna be. This will save you significant time and money to map out the W5, (what, where, when, why and who does the work). As example FFD 180/100 can make the power you’re looking for, but you’ll need a high pressure oil pump, intercooler, Bigger turbo, more robust tranny, electric fuel, exhaust, probably new up pipes, possibly differential gear change pending tire size and where you live. If in the mountains say towing, that’s a whole heapin’ bunch different then living at sea level and never towing. Or as you mentioned a project rig, well ok, what type of project truck?

Other thing I’d recommend is use the search function here as there are literally hundreds of guys before you..... learn from them via reading posts. If you want longevity, plan on keeping it for a few years, spend the time researching, create a plan then execute.
j
Yeah I definitely understand where your coming from with the W5s.. and for this truck I was planning on making mainly for street, and a little bit of towing for quads and stuff. Nothing too major. I done some research on what stuff I will be needing for what im trying to get the truck to be. I will definitely keep doing more research on it though. Thanks for everything!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts