Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Thats perfect! Thanks Bushwakd that just answered all my questions!

Just curious, what tuner does Matt from gearhead use? me thinks someone mentioned TS? if so What is TS?
The chips most widely used are TS chips (multi-position). Each tuner creates the tunes based off of different modifications each truck has. They use tuning software that gives them basic tuning templates and they tweak them for more optimal performance. Once you get some tunes try them out and see how it works for your application and if needed send the chip back for adjustments. Don't be afraid to speak up. Adjustments can be made to the tunes. What you want is a better performing engine than stock.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nice on the fly huh? That would be great for stomping Chevys

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
I had a customer with these exact injectors. They do make more power than stock but they are oil hungry for the size that they are and do funny stuff because of the way the split shot if affected by the bigger nozzle. The customer now has switched to regular stage 2s (single shot 160cc) and the power is much better and so is the mileage. The injectors may add 80HP to a stock truck but they don't add as much to a tuned truck because they simply dump that 145cc faster because of the bigger nozzle.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for the info unfortunately I've already installed these injectors so until they go out it is what it is, kinda wish I would have found all this out beforehand, I guess a tuner and a hpop is in the near future!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts