Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some injector o-rings in need of replaceing. I am debating on replacing the stock AD injectors or just putting a set of orings on them. Truck has 220K on the clock so far. Looking for opionion on what size injector to go with, if I was to replace them. Not sure how big my current mods would allow me to go. Truck is only used for hualing, working. I dont get much time to play anymore.

·
POWER Junkie
347 Posts
You have the mods to make a set of pis 175/80's look real desirable
I second this. I run them with my 38r and it is a great combination for a daily driver/work truck!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Who is pis?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check on the DP web page. It says you can get updates free. But will still have to pay for changes to tunes for mods like injectors ect.

Still interested in hearing suggestions.

·
POWER Junkie
347 Posts
Check on the DP web page. It says you can get updates free. But will still have to pay for changes to tunes for mods like injectors ect.

Still interested in hearing suggestions.
If you buy the injectors from DP, the tunes are updated for free. All you pay for is to have the chip shipped. I went ahead and upgraded to the F6 so that tune updates could be emailed. But the tunes are free with the injector purchase if you are already running DP tunes.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good News, Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
I'll step in and confirm what has been said.

If you originally purchased your chip from us and you purchase the injectors (or any other modification for that matter) from us, we will update your current tunes for FREE. Adding additional tunes will have an additional cost should you choose to do so.

Feel free to contact me if you need any help getting the injectors ordered. I would be happy to give you a hand.

Check them out HERE.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok I have read a thousand different things. Still cant make up my mind. Some say 100% and 80% nozzel wil cost fuel economy, other say stock or 30% is better.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have PMR's unfortunatley. Just trying to make the best decision with out regrets.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a forged motor and am in the same market looking at injectors. Why such a drastic jump in size from just being a pmr or forged?

·
Registered
220 Posts
They both run the same piston right? Isn't the piston just a cast soft metal much weaker than either rod? I would think that no matter the rod the piston being the weak point 90% of the time it's a broke piston before a broken rod or the brokwen skirt or bridge is what breaks the rod. Anyone else have any profesiinal experience with opening these up after failure? My dad owns a machine shop and have been in it my whole life, so calling a pmr rod weak is weird to me since we make 8-1k hp on gas motors with pmr rods in vortec set ups and usually what happens is a piston or crank has a failure before the ROD.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Pmr rods are fine if they are sized for the load.. ie a 6.0 rod is pmr and can handle hp..the head bolts not so much. Ford changed the material but not the specs of the rod on the 7.3 so it canot handle the load.
if they beefed them up they could.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay so what size injector can I use for heavy towing and still go play at the track every once in a while? What would be considered inside the strength limits of PMR's?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts