Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shop just told me i need injectors. They want 4,400 for OEM injectors installed. If I'm going to spend the money I would like to get some more power outta the truck but still keep the reliability and the price down, whats my best way to go?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just something to open it up a little. I want to do like a 90 hp injector and chip and leave it at that. Budget wise it all just depends on what it is really.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
seems high to me....Rosewood and Swamps are about what $1200 to rebuild them and a chip 300-450 or so which leaves 3000 to swap them out? That's what 35-40 hours shop time?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha yeah i hear yuh, he said if i wanna go out and buy my own set of aftermarket ones he would put them in for $500. I would really like to buy new and then send off my old ones and just get the core price outta them. I have an edge for the truck but i like the TS six position chip, never been a fan of edge.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a hundred bucks more... worth it I guess? And is that gonna be a good reliable set up for me?

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Swamps has good injectors, as well as many other companies. Like I said in your other thread, that's an ungodly cost for oem injectors, installed or not. It takes 2 hours tops to install a set of 7.3 injectors, start to finish. How mechanically inclined are you? They're not hard at all to do.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i can do it its just the shop already has the valve covers off so i just figure its easier to order these and have them put them in. He said he would do that for me.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Yes, I get your point. But they're going to ass rape you on price. If it were me, I'd tell him put the valve covers back on, and you pick it up and do the work yourself

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i might do that. I just gotta make sure i get a good set of after market injectors, thats my biggest thing right now... I guess im gonna order these swamp injectors a pyro gauge and boost gauge and go from there

·
Registered
88 Posts
Buy aftermarket and do them yourself. I would have them leave the back VC bolts off or just hand tight. It would make the VC removal much easier. My swivel sucks and kept binding on the very back bolts when I replaced my glow plugs. Once in it will take you like 30-45 minutes. Good luck

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay cool, Thanks guys for the help

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Yeah i might do that. I just gotta make sure i get a good set of after market injectors, thats my biggest thing right now... I guess im gonna order these swamp injectors a pyro gauge and boost gauge and go from there
Swamps, rosewood, full force, etc... just a few off the top of my head

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just ordered the baby swamps with a custom tuned chip, anybody know how long they should take to be delivered?

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
You need to upgrade your fuel system to ensure you get full potential from them and to ensure they last.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Whats thats gonna run me

·
Still a kid to some ppl
877 Posts
Is bigger fuel really necessary for babys?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts