Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im also lookin at gettin new injectors and found beans 160cc injectors and wanted to know more about them,ive seen a good bit of people have these on there trucks.please help

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
What do you want to know about them?

For one they flow 160cc of fuel where as a stock L99-03 7.3 SD flow around 140ccs and the E99s flow around 120ccs. You will also need a chip tuned for the single shot injectors as SDs use split shot.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Im also lookin at gettin new injectors and found beans 160cc injectors and wanted to know more about them,ive seen a good bit of people have these on there trucks.please help
It's a great all around injector if your not planning to make a lot of power. These have been used and proven time and time again and should put you somewhere in the 325 to 350hp ballpark with supporting mods. If you get a set just make sure to get bigger than stock nozzles, getting a "stage I" with stock nozzles is a complete waste! The larger nozzles will allow the truck to run cooler, and make more power.

That said, if your shooting for more power don't buy two different sets of injectors! Get the bigger injectors now and talk to a good tuner about detuning them. A friend of mine has 275/200's in his mostly stock OBS (stock turbo, engine, no intercooler....) it has an intake, exhaust, gauges, and a fuel system. And that truck runs awsome, way better then stock, with the manors of a stock injector. It doesn't get super hot, or super smokey, but it moves much better then a tuned superduty.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
It's a great all around injector if your not planning to make a lot of power. These have been used and proven time and time again and should put you somewhere in the 325 to 350hp ballpark with supporting mods. If you get a set just make sure to get bigger than stock nozzles, getting a "stage I" with stock nozzles is a complete waste! The larger nozzles will allow the truck to run cooler, and make more power.

That said, if your shooting for more power don't buy two different sets of injectors! Get the bigger injectors now and talk to a good tuner about detuning them. A friend of mine has 275/200's in his mostly stock OBS (stock turbo, engine, no intercooler....) it has an intake, exhaust, gauges, and a fuel system. And that truck runs awsome, way better then stock, with the manors of a stock injector. It doesn't get super hot, or super smokey, but it moves much better then a tuned superduty.
That's what a Stage 1 injector is considered by most injector builders... 160ish cc with a stock nozzle... Adding nozzles to say 80% or 100% is then considered a stage 2 again by most injector builders...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well im wantin more power out of my truck n i have a sct programmer but it isnt given me enough hp lol i get a extra 110 but im wantin more

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
And there is your problem, a SCT wont even come close to the power a chip with get you. I know first hand, I had one, and then got a DP chip. That was a night n day difference let me tell ya, You can go with DP or a TS chip. most on here will say TS, I guess I,m just old school. But a chip is what you want.

Dan

·
Road Hammer
628 Posts
Running them in my truck with Beans tunes on my 6-pos. Have a bit of tuning issues to work out with them, but nothing serious just some lope, but the truck runs cooler, a bit more fuel efficient and spools the turbo about 150-200rpm sooner (about 1500rpm) than the stock split shots. They are noticeably louder than the stock injectors, but no big deal. Very noticeable jump in power as well.

They get my recommendation if you want a mild setup.

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
I would start by getting custom tunes then see how you like the truck.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys for the help im surprised no A-hole has said anything

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Fill out your sig and let us know what year of a truck and everything. If your wanting more power which it seems you do, go get your chip re burned by a vendor on the site and you will think its a totally different truck.

Always keep this in mind, once you start going up in power like a stage II injector your going to have to start looking into a turbo and a transmission and any bigger then that your going to want head studs and those kinds of supporting mods. Once you hit the point of about 350 to the wheels your stock turbo will need to be replaced by something bigger and you will need atleast a valve body from BTS or John Wood or somebody like that who knows what they are doing with the 4R100 and E4OD. You gotta pay to play my man. It is costly but fun.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
An sct can be loaded with pretty much the same tune as a chip, talk to jody at dp or someone else who can tune one. But your limited to that tune.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
That's what a Stage 1 injector is considered by most injector builders... 160ish cc with a stock nozzle... Adding nozzles to say 80% or 100% is then considered a stage 2 again by most injector builders...
That's the problem, no where is there set specifics for a "stage I" or "stage II". Some call a 238/80 a stage II. That's why I think classifying injectors like that is retarded, and especially if your selling them. Either way I think any bigger injector with a stock nozzle is pointless. That extra fuel needs the extra "room" (bigger nozzle) to efficiently exit the injector in the given detonation window.

As far as tuning goes, I'd talk to MattR/ gearhead, beans, swamps, Bill at PHP, or Tony Wildman.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Call it retarded, call it what you want. That's how most of the vendors on this site sell their injectors... I wouldn't say stock nozzles on a 160cc is pointless, depends on what you want... Stock nozzles on a 350cc injector is pointless...

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
It is dumb when everyone's stage one is different.

Maybe not pointless, but that injector isn't going to be as efficient when your pushing MORE fuel through the SAME size nozzle that previously flowed 140cc of fuel. Why does a DT530 use larger nozzles, because it allows the injector to empty more fuel in a given window. If your going to spend the money on injectors why wouldn't you want a larger nozzle that will allow the truck to run cooler and cleaner? Even though 160cc's of fuel isn't a lot, its still going to allow all the fuel to empty the injector faster making more and better power.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
It's just funny that you say that when Rosewoods 1's are the same as Beans 1's are the same as Full Force 1's are the same as Unlimited 1's... Just checked all four websites and 160cc/stock nozzle...

I like my 1's... Solid 350hp and don't need to upgrade anything else... I feel that is a fairly good deal... Like I said, it's what you want...

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Well I was wrong, I thought fewer injector builders considered a 160/00 a stage I. Just my personal opinion that I don't like the way they're cassified anyway. It is what it is.

I like my 160/100's, low egt's and a clean burn in a hot tune even when I'm towing. All I'm saying is why not get the best/ most for your money. With all the tuning, and injection advancements in the past year I see no reason not to get a bigger nozzle if your going to upgrade from a stock injector.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I see your point, but the argument could be made for 1's as well... Mine burn clean and keep low egt's and I saved a couple hundred dollars vs adding a nozzle... Just saying, not everybody is looking for the biggest injector they can get their hands on...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts