Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s a good place to get some stock replacement injectors? I don't want to hop up my truck. I'm happy with my cold air intake and exhaust. My truck has 250K miles and is bone stock other than those two mods. It's started to white smoke heavily on start up so I think it's about due.

Who do you recommend? And let's try to keep the price down. I'm a starving business owner... hence why I drive a 96 250k mile truck.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Take a look at our injectors> Full Force Diesel Look at the reman stock units since you said you are happy with the power, although if you think you may want a bump in power later, the stage 1's will run like stock units until you put a programmer on.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Welch,

We carry Full Force Injectors very very good product....

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't really tow a ton of weight. I use my truck for my business, as well as a DD. I own an off road shop and the only thing that is ever behind the truck is jeeps/buggy's on a car hauler. So maybe at max I have 8K lbs. back there. I also have 4.10's with stock 255's so more power isn't going to make me any faster. I think the only thing that bigger injectors would do is create black smoke and use more fuel. And with diesel creeping over $4.00 a gal, I'm not even happy with my 17mpg I'm getting... If it got any worse I may have to start looking for a new DD. The only reason I added the cold air intake and exhaust was to try and get some added MPG's but really I didn't notice any major benefit. My truck still gets about 17mpg empty and 15-16mpg loaded.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I seemed to have picked up a few miles per tank after injectors and a chip :confused:
I have a bunch of friends with chips and I use to be a Bully Dog dealer. Every chipped truck I've ever delt with ended up with issues. I have my fair share of custom trucks... I'd like to keep my DD as close to stock as possible. Plus I'm not trying to dump more than $1200 on injectors...

On another note for you guys who do like programmers I have a new hypertech sitting in my office that won't fit my truck... it'll only fit a 97. Get with me if you want it. I got it from a buddy who had it in his audio shop from an old display he chunked when they shut down. I'm not going to use it even if it did fit my truck. I don't want to start smoking clutches, blowing black smoke and have to worry about EGT's. I'm only 23, but I'm about 65 at heart.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I seemed to have picked up a few miles per tank after injectors and a chip :confused:
Maybe without a load and because of the tune you did. But I bet your EGT's were higher. I also don't see adding more fuel being better for MPG's. Yes more power does make the motor work less meaning that the MPG's would go up. But that's not just a more fuel thing that again comes from the tune. I also see a lot of higher RPM's because of my 4.10/ZF5, this would make for higher EGT's and since my truck see a bit more boost in a DD setting than say an auto 3.55 truck would.

I may be wrong in my thinking. But this is what I noticed with the little bit I've done tuening OBDII trucks. If I'm off base completely let me know. I still don't find the need to go out and start hopping up my truck.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
It not just the addition of the extra duel alone, its the timing and PW programing on the chip that will give you a better, more powerful burn which will lead to better MPG's if you keep the same driving style.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From what I've read though... the stock clutch won't hold the added power when pulling. I really don't want to dump $1500 into injectors, then $300-$500 into a tune, $500 into gages, then another $800 into a clutch. I also don't really need the added power for the light weight pulls I make. My normal load is 4K-5K jeep/buggy on a 1500lb car hauler.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Then I would look at just getting the reman AA injectors. Just FYI, the stage 1's will fuel no more that the stock AA's with no chip, but you will have the option to add the chip later if you like. A lot of things can change after a year or two.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is an "AA" injector. What should I look for in a Reman? I see prices as low as $600 and on up over $1500 of reman injectors... So what sets one appart from another?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
AA is the injector code meaning 94-97. (except california) Our reman AA's are $950 and carry an 18 month warranty. For $600, you are not getting a flow tested quality reman.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A warranty doesn't mean crap to me...Yes it’s nice for peace of mind, but I don't want to be having to warranty anything within the next 200K miles much less 18mo. That being said… What does $950 get me as opposed to someone else who maybe more or less expensive. What actually goes into rebuilding injectors? What makes them so expensive? (Meaning what is it I'm really paying for here)

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you don't want to upgrade, then maybe you should just replace the o-rings, then when you put oil in, put in 4qts of hot shot secret. This was an oil additive to cure strict ion in the Heui injectors for the 6.0l. I used this to help with cold starts, it did wonders.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I forgot to say, international hired the company to make them the oil. It can be found at rural king or tractor supply, trust me this really works.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well the reason I'm thinking they're due is my truck is starting to white smoke on startup and is starting to take longer to start. Use to it would fire on the first revolution and now it tends to crank over a few times before firing up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
have u done a test on your GPR to see if it is working properly?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts