Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys is there a good right up on injectors.

I would like to learn more about injectors so when it comes time for me to pick my injectors I would at least be a little educated.

What does the numbers mean....example such as 238's?...100% nozzel

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
100% nozzle is 100% more flow than stock nozzle not 100% larger holes than the stock holes or 2x.

The first number is fuel volume in CC's 160cc, 200cc,238cc,300cc etc all the fuel capacity of the injector based on total of 1000 shots. The second number is dealing with the nozzle. It is the % more flow OVER stock that it is capable of flowing. SO stock is 0. 30% injector is 30% more flow than stock. 80% is that much more than stock etc.....

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
100% nozzle is 100% more flow than stock nozzle not 100% larger holes than the stock holes or 2x.

The first number is fuel volume in CC's 160cc, 200cc,238cc,300cc etc all the fuel capacity of the injector based on total of 1000 shots. The second number is dealing with the nozzle. It is the % more flow OVER stock that it is capable of flowing. SO stock is 0. 30% injector is 30% more flow than stock. 80% is that much more than stock etc.....
Thanks Tarm for your info.

Hopefuly I can understand when I see guys posting about injectors now.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
For the most part it all depends on what combo you are using with what injectors to get HP

Running some 238cc 80% hybrids with a stock turbo is not going to give you as much power as the same injectors running with a 38r and other mods.

But here is a thread that covers the basics of what you are looking for.

Choosing The Right Injector For Your 7.3 - Powerstroke Nation

1 - 7 of 7 Posts