Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Eric
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
So I am looking for some information on Injectors. I am just starting to have some stiction issues at highway speed under light load. I am thinking about just using 1500 grit sandpaper on the spools and going through them with new o-rings, but I wanted some more specific information first. I would like to get a little more power out of my truck in the future, and was wondering what size, or how many cc's I might need to make lets say 500hp. I don't know if that is a reasonable goal for me, I'm just looking for some advice from persons more experienced than me about what I can do. I want to keep my truck reliable, but more power is always nice. My truck is at stock power levels, with a IPR egr delete, a bypass coolant filter, an Airaid intake that was on it when I bought it, and a 4" cat delete, side dump exhaust. The truck isn't tuned to my knowledge, but the egr delete doesn't set off a flow code.

what sounds like a feasible power and torque goal for a reliable truck? also How big of an injector can I use without studs, at stock power?

any info or thread references would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I found these formulas for you

A combos have same supporting mods: egr delete, arp head studs, upgraded FICM, factory head gaskets, leave egr valve plugged in, 4"or 5" exhaust, cold air intake system, CCV delete, no cat, blue sping fuel mod, SCT tuner(custom tune).
All fuel no adders:

450-500 rwhp:
stock injectors
stage 1, stage 2, Hybrid turbos :vgt turbo

500-580 rwhp:
same as above but 155/30, 175/75,190/75 injectors
fuel regulated return and fuel upgrade for 175-190 injectors
upgrade tranny at 570-up

590-690 rwhp:
stage 3, stage 4 :vgt turbo
190/100,190/150,200/150,205/100
regulated return
upgraded transmission

The numbers have been proven on dynes, track speed, or both.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I would not go bigger then 155's on no studs but then again I wouldn't try to push 500hp without studs, it's a must for a reliable build

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Order some ar9100 it might fix the stiction issue I love it

·
Eric
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2Dstorm thanks for the numbers! And yes I don't plan on making that power un-studded. Just don't have the coin right now. I forgot to mention the truck has 158,000 miles on it and I did do the blue spring mod and have 6.4 banjo bolts to put in it. and am wanting to do a powermax turbo, or a hybrid down the road. I do plan on covering the basics before I add power.

If those numbers are the case then all I need is stock injectors for now, and I can have the nozzles and plungers modified later right? I want to do so much right now but my wallet only lets me pick at the mods. what is stock injector cc's anyway?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
If you have time to let the truck sit you can send the sticks to warren 175/75 will run you 1250 that is 70rwhp you will have to tune the truck

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Add 400 if you don't want to have stiction issues again

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Stocks are 135cc

·
Eric
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
For 1650 warren will build 175/75's with the new spool that will eliminate the injection stiction issue several guys are running them and they are getting awesome reviews I think they are worth the extra $400 bucks it's all in what your budget will cover. If you are not running a tuner you will have go get one with bigger injectors I prefer the sct tuner I have the itsx4015 it is awesome the canned tunes will boost your power but I suggest custom tune if you really want to get true power out of your truck. I like innovative diesels tunes, I also like tsd's super panty dropper tune (currently running) it's very powerful and responsive try a tuner before you get injectors you will see what you have been missing

·
Eric
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok Well I will just get stock ford remans iff need be for now and then look at tunning and arp studs.

Thanks 2D storm

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Get the modified solenoids (Modified Solenoid Thread) on a set of 175/30's and you will love it! Unless you want more power....
What HP goal were you looking for?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Amen

·
Eric
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not looking for much more than 500hp. The modded solenoid sounds interesting if it truly works. problem is my truck is my DD and I cant take it out of service while the injectors get done. I would think for now stock injector will do me fine.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Stock injectors are more expensive, limited performance warren has a 4day turn around on the build I would add a programmer and the AR9100 first if you still feel the need for injectors I would def go with the warrens don't waste you money

·
Banned
2,444 Posts

·
Eric
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I guess some archoil and some tunes are in order. Does archoil actually clean the spools or is it a use it or the problem comes back kind of thing?

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
All of the "mystery oils" will have stiction return, its just a matter of when.

·
Eric
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well for now I will try it so as to get to where I can afford to have all my injectors done. I just ordered some and a sct tuner to start out with. Not going to run the box tunes though. who writes good tunes for non studded trucks? And Miller you have sold me on warren doing my injectors with the new solenoids when the time comes, but for now I cant afford $1650 for injector work, or even to have my truck down for four days.

Thanks for all the information guys!

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Don't get me wrong, the oils work, some better then others. It's good temporary relief.
Here is a good thread on something similar to what you are wanting to know about tunes. I have Drew's tune (Raped Ape-Back Road Performance). I really like the way it drives. He is very good at working with people, and has really good prices.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts