Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
jdffafarmer
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the near future I will be changing glow plugs (have the MotorCrafts) and was wondering what tips anyone has for changing them. While I am under the valve covers I would like to upgrade injectors as well as I have 200k on stock and would like to bump up to stage 1s or the Beans Tranny savers.

Thanks for the help and let me know if you have injectors for me.

Thanks,

Lee

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
You do realize you posted your glow plug changing questions in the Classified Forum?

·
jdffafarmer
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i do realize that, mainly because I am looking for injectors...but thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just be careful as the glow plug tips like to stick to the sides of the heads and break off sometimes. But goodluck

·
Registered
236 Posts
My stage 1s may be for sale. Looking to go a little bigger by spring time. PM me for details.

·
Registered
215 Posts
ive found that a guy has a better chance of getting glow plugs out if you go out and run the balls off of it for awhile and get it good and hot. sucks to work on but seems to work better

·
jdffafarmer
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the tips, after pulling the turbo this weekend I managed to smoke part of the right rear injector harness so i'll need to replace that as well, anybody have a pigtail for me? Anybody know what the glow plugs are supposed to ohm out to so i can check which ones are bad before i start pulling valve covers?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Update to the newer style 7.3 plugins and v.c. gaskets, there less likely to fail. And glow plugs themselves should be between 1 and 2 ohms, closer to 2 the better, they might be alittle higher due to the wiring. As for the pigtails eBay or autozone are the cheapest places I've found

·
Registered
215 Posts
And in my opinion, if your gonna pull one or both valve covers, replace all the glow plugs in that bank, you would have the hard part done already so why not replace them all...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts