Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Well the time is coming where I will need to replace 2 injectors. My 2004 F250 has 175,000 miles on it. I replaced #5 injector last year and about 9 months ago when I had the FICM and HPOP replaced the shop told me that #3 and #7 injectors where weak. Well the weather has started to get cold and it's starting run like a turd for about a min then runs great. little puffs of smoke out the exshaust when warming up. Once warmed up all is fine. So as for my question: is there some place to buy injectors other than ford, My local dealer charges $590.0 included in that price is $190.00 core charge. These injectors come with a 1 year warrenty. I use nothing but ford parts on my pickup (ie oil filter, fuel filter) just wondering if there is some other place than ford to get good stock injectors, or if I should just buy from the dealer. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
772 Posts
Sunrise Ford is a sponsor on here and they offer a pretty good members discount if you are going to be installing them yourself. Otherwise if you want to go bigger then Full Force Diesel or Warren Diesel are safe bets. Both have stock ones available too I believe.

·
Administrator
32,990 Posts
Fords are all Remans now
I would look for Alliant remans myself if I needed some $200 plus $150 core 1 year warranty

Alliant Power

but give Hotshot's secrete or Rex-X a shot first ?

if u go OEM Ford use Sunrise Ford as suggested they cut us a deal and are great to work with for

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Give REV-X a try first at $70 for two bottles is cheaper than all new injectors. I can get you new Alliant Reman Injectors too if your interested.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the repy all- going to order rev-x tonight and give it a shot. Just was kind of thinking about it this morning when I fired the old pig up. Just don't want to be in my unheated shop installing injectors when its -10 below. I have heard a lot of good things about Rev-X will try it frist. If it can by me some time to get the cash in hand it will be well worth it. Thanks again all

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
As soon as it gets here I will give an update. also going to try the mileage+winter, see how that works in the winter. Never gelled up last year using powerserve, so I will see what this does in the winter.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any updates on the rev x and where did u buy it
just recieved my order today and I will add it on friday. I bought it online @

REV-X Products, Inc.
7639 S. Division Ave
Grand Rapids, MI 49548
Phone: 616-200-4335

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
I ordered 8 injectors from diesel care and performance, it was a nightmare, after 3 complete sets they finally sent me good ones, they took care of the problem. but it dragged on forever and it will be the last purchase I make from there.

That being said the new local ford dealer here can get them for 275 each + cores.

^^ i didnt know that at the time

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
just recieved my order today and I will add it on friday. I bought it online @

REV-X Products, Inc.
7639 S. Division Ave
Grand Rapids, MI 49548
Phone: 616-200-4335
You can buy direct from Rev-x but there is an extensive dealer network too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well I poured it in this morning and made a 200 mile trip on it today. One thing I did notice is it quited down the motor. The truck ran fine when warmed up, but it did before the addition of rev-x. The big test will be in the morning temps are suppose to drop to high 30's low 40's tonight. Cold starts is where it would miss a little bit then straighten out. I left the truck parked outside tonight to see if it makes a difference. I really think there is something to Rev-x, but in the morning will be the tell all. I will post what I find.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I'm a believer, Rev-x helped my truck, Fired it up in the morning outdoor temp was high 30's and it ran smooth. Before Rev-x it would miss and smoke for a little bit (about a min or so) then smooth out and run fine.

Went racing last night and after the races and I had my car loaded it was low 30's truck was cooled down and fired it up. No miss No little puffs of smoke nothing ran like a champ.

In a nut shell- I believe Rev-x does help and I will continue to use it, with each oil change. The next question is how long will it work, before I need to replace injectors.

·
Administrator
32,990 Posts
if your issue was stiction and Rev-X cleared the deposits then there is no timeline for your injectors IMHO just have a dose ready if it starts to rear it's ugly head again and run SYN oil from now on

·
Registered
689 Posts
If you have to keep using rev-x to get "Normal Operating Performance" of the engine, the injector(s) or FICM need to be replaced or fixed. Under the assumption that the oil choice is proper, along with maintenance.
If you have to use it every oil change, stiction is not the issue.

The first time that you use rev-x, the stiction has been removed, if not most of it.

Rev-x does a VERY good job at doing its job. It is very effective at cleaning that it does not need to be used constantly.

Its not like stiction wants to come back even faster, now that the injectors were cleaned...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts