Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that some vendors offer 40hp, 70hp, and 90hp injectors from my understanding they are just stick injectors with bigger nozzles. 150 and up increase the stroke in cc's and have bigger nozzles.

What are the advantages of bigger nozzles if any on a stock injector?

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
There are gains to be made when you put a set of nozzles on your stock injectors. IIRC, Eric did a set and got another 30hp out of the truck by changing just the nozzles and not adjusting the fuel with the tuning. Get ahold of Jim @ Rosewood Diesel and talk to him. He was looking at getting a DIY kit going for the 6.0L, but there wasn't that much interest in them.

-French

·
Registered
554 Posts
I see that some vendors offer 40hp, 70hp, and 90hp injectors from my understanding they are just stick injectors with bigger nozzles. 150 and up increase the stroke in cc's and have bigger nozzles.

What are the advantages of bigger nozzles if any on a stock injector?
in most casses what you said is correct.
as for advantages.
The stock injectors are rated at 135cc with that said they really only flow about 100ccs due to the relief port and stock fuel system not being all that great. so by putting a larger nozzle/welding relief port allong with a adequate fuel system you will see quite a large increase in fuel supply to the motor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts