Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 7.3 with 117,000 on the clock. Planning for the future. What is the average price for a mech. to change the injectores and glow plugs. Right now engine runns like a top. thanks

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have a 2000 7.3 with 117,000 on the clock. Planning for the future. What is the average price for a mech. to change the injectores and glow plugs. Right now engine runns like a top. thanks
Too much do it yourself!!!!

·
Headwind Magnet
626 Posts
:welcome:

Welcome to the Nation! Not to be evasive, but there are a few variables involved in the answer. Is a dealer doing the work? What kind of injectors are you putting in? Where do you live? Do you live close to a shop that specializes in these trucks?

In general, you will pay a lot more for any work done at the dealership.

Best,
Jim

·
Buffalo Diesel
280 Posts
$200 isn't bad for paying someone... but you could probably do it yourself.

Sometimes the work isn't worth your time... sometimes it is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Work to be done by non-dealer, regular mechanic I go to for all my work. I'm 52 and got out of back yard mechanics years ago. I'm looking at just stock/ OEM parts. I live in PA and this is not going to be done for at least 3 years so I'm planning ahead. Truck is a F350 Super Duty.

·
Headwind Magnet
626 Posts
Work to be done by non-dealer, regular mechanic I go to for all my work. I'm 52 and got out of back yard mechanics years ago. I'm looking at just stock/ OEM parts. I live in PA and this is not going to be done for at least 3 years so I'm planning ahead. Truck is a F350 Super Duty.
The good news is you seem to have a mechanic you trust. So long as he's done the job before (and not learning to do it on your dime) labor should be reasonable. Reman injectors from your local dealer will probably be $300+ each whereas there are a number of vendors on this site who provide BETTER quality overhauls at less than half the price. Make sure you pick where your money gets spent.

In the meantime, there's a wealth of information on this site. Don't forget to check out the 7.3 library - really good stuff there.
Best,
Jim

·
Peon
727 Posts
Honestly, if your injectors have 117K on 'em, a new set of o-rings wouldn't be a bad idea while the valve covers are off to R/R the glow plugs (and they're probably past due for replacement anyway by this point). I don't think I paid more than $80 or so for enough new Alliant o-rings to do all 8 of my injectors and IMO it was smart money "while I was at it" (the most expensive 5 words in all of wrenching...).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts