Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
local idiot
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the stock sticks are going away. I lost #4 injector today. Probably had a lot to do with the fact that I've upgraded to a 68 mm Pmax and got some new tuning. Anyway.

I'm thinking 175/100's with a regulated return. I'm not that keen on the injector side of these trucks. Any and all HELPFUL advice is appreciated. Lol

Truck is studded, transmission is good, 130xxx miles, all the updates for the hpop are done, new oil cooler, yada yada, FICM maintains 48 volts, filters are new, oil is new and clean, ford filters only.

·
JGman141
859 Posts
100% nozzle is way to big for a set of 175, biggest is go is 30% on that size injector.

·
local idiot
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why is the 100% nozzle too big??? With a hot tune and a 68mm Pmax you don't think it would be okay? Sure it may be smokey on the bottom end, but won't a 30% nozzle not keep up at higher RPMs?

·
JGman141
859 Posts
100% is over kill, 30% nozzle can dump 175s all the way up into the higher rpm. The smaller nozzles will also make it much more streetable

·
JGman141
859 Posts
Also what company made your 68mm?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looking into different injectors and fuel system as well. I have the 68mm also.

Out of curiosity, have you checked out the Aeromotive diesel fuel systems?? Pricey but they look pretty stout!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts