Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Ford Blue Oval Guy
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best injectors to put in my 93 turbo idi?

I have heard a lot of people run motorcraft bb code ones. Or is there better performance ones available?

Is there any upgradeable compressor wheel for my factory turbo?

·
IDI for life
338 Posts
All in all theyre about the same. DPS performance sells some stage 1's for a very decent price. As far as factory turbo, a 3" turndown and down pipe would be the best place to start. The hotside is not the greatest, not sure what can be had for a compressor wheel. You can however bump the wastegate up to 15 and give the pump a crank.

·
Ford Blue Oval Guy
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All in all theyre about the same. DPS performance sells some stage 1's for a very decent price. As far as factory turbo, a 3" turndown and down pipe would be the best place to start. The hotside is not the greatest, not sure what can be had for a compressor wheel. You can however bump the wastegate up to 15 and give the pump a crank.
Well I recently put a banks 3 inch downpipe on my truck, and retro fitted a obs powerstroke 5 inch exhaust on my truck.
I have heard that the DPS injectors aren't the greatest, but I may be wrong.
I also plan up to up the wastegate when I get some gauges.

·
IDI for life
338 Posts
Define greatest... he is the only shop that sells any kind of performance injector. there are members on other forums that will send a set off to get bored for alot more money. And even then its debatable which are better, and ultimately depends on how you tune the engine. The other benefit of going through Ken is you can have a set shipped to ya, put em in and mail back your cores. Whereas with other options, you have to have the ones in your truck machined and eat the downtime.

Do you just have the 3" DP, or do you have the turbo turn down as well?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Typ4 was who I was gonna tell you about. Get his compressor upgrade done. I have heard it works wonders to the stock turbo. Also he sells the bb injectors too. As for the DPS injectors, I love mine. They have done really well for me!

·
Ford Blue Oval Guy
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Define greatest... he is the only shop that sells any kind of performance injector. there are members on other forums that will send a set off to get bored for alot more money. And even then its debatable which are better, and ultimately depends on how you tune the engine. The other benefit of going through Ken is you can have a set shipped to ya, put em in and mail back your cores. Whereas with other options, you have to have the ones in your truck machined and eat the downtime.

Do you just have the 3" DP, or do you have the turbo turn down as well?
Well on the greatest matter, i have read on a couple other forums that people who DPS injectors didn't like them real well.

And i just got the 3" DP, not the turbo turndown.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
There were actually just a few who said they had a bad experience with the DPS injectors. I too have read those and in all actuality there aren't as many people as you would think. There are quite a few over the as well as many here that have had good luck with them. Also, look at NMB2s build. He is running the DPS stage 1s and a DB4 injection pump as well as the rest of the stuff he did and it runs like a raped ape and even has a pretty smoke free exhaust.

·
Ford Blue Oval Guy
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There were actually just a few who said they had a bad experience with the DPS injectors. I too have read those and in all actuality there aren't as many people as you would think. There are quite a few over the as well as many here that have had good luck with them. Also, look at NMB2s build. He is running the DPS stage 1s and a DB4 injection pump as well as the rest of the stuff he did and it runs like a raped ape and even has a pretty smoke free exhaust.
Whats a DB4 pump?

·
Need more power!!
358 Posts
I used G code on my last IDI and that was more fuel then I ever needed.

·
IDI for life
338 Posts
The DB4 is the DB2's big brother for all intensive purposes.. Take db4 guts and shove in a db2 and you get about triple the fuel that the stock pump puts out. That pump requires decompressing the engine, and a much bigger / better turbo.

If youre just lookin for a bit more power, 3" turndown, compressor upgrade, stage 1's and a turbo cal. pump should get you around the 220rwhp department with some tweaking. You would need head studs though.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The DB4 is the DB2's big brother for all intensive purposes.. Take db4 guts and shove in a db2 and you get about triple the fuel that the stock pump puts out. That pump requires decompressing the engine, and a much bigger / better turbo.

If youre just lookin for a bit more power, 3" turndown, compressor upgrade, stage 1's and a turbo cal. pump should get you around the 220rwhp department with some tweaking. You would need head studs though.
What hairy said. And you probably could get more than 220hp if you pushed a lil more boost. It all depends on how much power you want. The list is a pretty good list for mods. You could also always use injectables if you wanted more too. What power level are you aiming for anyway?

·
Ford Blue Oval Guy
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Ahhh, gotcha. Well my truck has a factory turbo spec IP in it.
Are the studs a must?

What hairy said. And you probably could get more than 220hp if you pushed a lil more boost. It all depends on how much power you want. The list is a pretty good list for mods. You could also always use injectables if you wanted more too. What power level are you aiming for anyway?
power level? Anything more than what I have now. Lol. Ummm. In all seriousness I'm not sure. I just want my ole idi to have some peep in its step. Cause its a slug right now.

·
IDI for life
338 Posts
studs are a must to run more that 15lbs of boost. But you shouldnt need that much air without a turbo cal pump.

·
Ford Blue Oval Guy
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
What hairy said. And the turbo cal pump he is talking about it from DPS. It is worked over for more fuel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts