Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had my new 38r on for a while now and was considering havein my ts chip reflashed with some different tunes, but was wondering if and injector upgrade would be a better idea before the reflash.....any thoughts on where to head with this?

·
Registered
217 Posts
hybrids 238/100's with the custom tunes to match. I would do studs,pushrods and springs too if you go that route.

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
What HOP power level are you after?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Decide a horsepower goal and if there is a budget... Then we can direct you to which mods will get you there...

·
OBS junkie
8,249 Posts
Assuming the truck is just a driver/tow rig a 160/30 single shot makes a nice upgrade without going too crazy.

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
Well if you go with anything besides new ad's you have to get some tunes. I think a set of stage 1 would do you right since you more than likely have pmr's

·
Registered
217 Posts
oh ya he probly has pmrs.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Stage 1's..best option unless you like risking the Rods..and trans.
Might want to upgrade to a 6.0 Tq converter..
We sell Full Force inj's and can reburn TW's tunes..PM if I can help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i jus use the truck to drive/ pull my show truck with ive only got 117000 miles on it i jus figured before i reflashed my chip for the new turbo id see if maybe an injector swap would be benefical..... nothing crazy off the wall jus kinda match things up, thanks for the replys

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
i jus use the truck to drive/ pull my show truck with ive only got 117000 miles on it i jus figured before i reflashed my chip for the new turbo id see if maybe an injector swap would be benefical..... nothing crazy off the wall jus kinda match things up, thanks for the replys
If you are happy with just running tunes and you don't need to make huge hp than don't. Get some fresh tunes and roll on. No need to spend the money on injectors if you are happy where you are at.. That's why I asked the questions I did.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
right on, ill try a reflash and see where that puts me, thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just standard ts, ive had that chip for sometime now

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I'd get some custom tunes now that you've swapped turbos... Might help get you a few more ponies..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im talking to a guy who has a burner, but gettin him to do anything is near impossible

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
If your wanting to upgrade injectors for a little more power for your tow rig, i would recommend something like a 160/30% single shot. Give a bump in power, mileage because of the single shot, and im sure would run with that turbo really well. If you like the power your at, just get some custom tunes imho

·
OBS junkie
8,249 Posts
If your wanting to upgrade injectors for a little more power for your tow rig, i would recommend something like a 160/30% single shot. Give a bump in power, mileage because of the single shot, and im sure would run with that turbo really well. If you like the power your at, just get some custom tunes imho
:whs: I'll agree with that statement.

·
South Atlanta white trash
495 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts