Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am trying to see what works and whats the best all around setup. i am having a motor BUILT for me. BUILT meaning done to the hilt so i dont have to ever do anything else to it. i am the type of guy that overbuilds for future use. i want something in the area of good mpg's and if i want to open up a can of whoopa$$ i can just turn the knob. i wont ever be towing anything heavy just the family boat 5k. this is going into the x and not my truck. really looking for everyones opinions. i know that 238/80's are highly talked about. lets say if 300's were thought of can it be turned down to still get mpg's or no? 238's are said to be great for mpg's but good to what hp? all the info would be greatly appreciated. dont forget let's try to match injectors with what turbo. dd is what this would be for.

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wassup kaneala. u going put furikake or kakimochi on da popcorn?

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
huzit i aint kaneala but why not put both furikake with some mochi crunch on the popcorn?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kaneala meaning hawaiian friend slang for brudah. u havent used it before? come on ha-y-n. oh well back to the thread nobody?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Wassup my bradda's lets try talk diesel power . I would like to build me an engine too. Wampaku are you looking into someone building an engine for you?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wassup guys i know it's something like 2.2 hp per cc,so 250cc would be 550 hp not including the size of the nozzle hopefully someone who know more about injectors and nozzles will chime in.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its being built as we speak. carson is doing the pleasure. right now in the air is 250's with a modded h2e. what do you guys think? my question is if you go bigger i.e. 300+ does it kill mpg's or no. i know if i go big and put a turbo to match it will have some lag at the bottom if turned down right? how much lag are we talking about? more than what a stock truck does with atune and stomped on?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
The difference between a 238 and a 300 will not show in mpgs. If you are actually calculating mpg you are prolly not commanding max pulsewidth for normal driving (wot). If you want more all out power go with larger cc's.

The choice of nozzle size and the tuning will decide mileage.

·
Edumacted
171 Posts
I am runnning 250/100's with Gearhead tuning and just pulled 17 mpg on my first major highway trip. It picked up 2 mpg's over my previous setup, but I am also still playing around and seeing what the best tune and speed is to run.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what turbo are you running

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok carson talked me into 400/300 and a s400!!!!!!!:evil:evil

not!:DLOL

·
Edumacted
171 Posts
I am running a modded h2 with 66mm comp. and 17 cm turbine housing.

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
kaneala meaning hawaiian friend slang for brudah. u havent used it before? come on ha-y-n. oh well back to the thread nobody?
haha sup kane! sweet truck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts