Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas what will cause the injector tip to brack off?
It happened to a 2007 dully that was all stock, with 47000 miles, and just happened to a friends truck, he had a sct on his truck. Or is this just a luck thing?
Thanks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Water can too.its the pop corn effect.water enters a hot injector tip, rapidly turns to steam and is pressurized at the same time, pop.I've ben wondering how well the ford filter set up really removes water.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
from what i heard....ford filters are the only ones that have the water barrier in the filter and the aftermarket(wix) does not.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ran only ford filters, and I get them cheaper than other filters. Not sure what my friend was running.

·
Registered
357 Posts
dirt can also do it, it builds up in the injector tips and starts to restrict the nozzle until hydraulic pressure breaks or cracks the tip.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I highly doubt dirt will build up when 21,000 psi of fuel is blowing through the nozzle....
I have some injectors I should send you so you can study them. Dirt will build up. What do you think can cause a blown tip in the first place?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I have some injectors I should send you so you can study them. Dirt will build up. What do you think can cause a blown tip in the first place?
there's other things that can cause a tip to crack.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
yea water air anything passing but diesel....thats why i said can cause...you even quoted i said can cause.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
yea water air anything passing but diesel....thats why i said can cause...you even quoted i said can cause.

yes i did quote you saying that....cause it sounded like you stated that dirt is the only thing that will cause an injector tip to crack by saying "what else will cause a blown tip in the first place" Maybe i misinterpreted your post.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts