Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
PSN Veteran
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to do an injector swap on my 97 OBS 7.3. Are there any precautions i need to do before i pull them out? ie fuel lines... oil lines???? As well as reinstallation and before start up? :ford:

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Link to the site. look on the left side for How To's and FAQ's. Click on that. Click on injector removal.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Just go slow and take your time. You can hear a different sound when you fully seat the injectors. Before you start, lay a straight edge across the top of all of the injectors. See how they are all at the same level. When you finish, if they are not all at the same level, it aint' right. Fix the high ones.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts

·
PSN Veteran
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i got the install complete. started my truck and let it run for 30min before i test drove it. on my way back it started runnin rough and died. now i cant get it started. is there something i over looked or didnt do? any ideas?

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Have you checked the oil level? Remember all that oil from the injector removal?
Make sure the UVCH did not come loose.

·
PSN Veteran
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have and all oil levels are ok. i did find a pocket of air in the oil rail but still no change. wants to start with a little help but thats it. is it possible that im air locked in the injectors? on the oil side? how do you bleed out the air on the fuel side?

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
What is the oil level in the HPOP reservoir? Did you top it off before trying to crank it over?
Does the wait to start light on the dash come on?
With all the cranking on the starter you may want to keep a charge on the batteries. Don't over heat the starter.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Might have got a little piece of stuff in the IPR. Might want to pull it out and clean it.
New Page 0

You can usually get it off with a deep well socket, put it on first, you can barely grab it with a ratchet.

·
PSN Veteran
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im getting 370psi oil pressure on my scan tool and 30 psi at the ipr on a gauge while cranking. after it died i pulled the front plugs in the oil gallies and found some air. is it possible that im airlocked? is the a procedure for bleeding the system?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Running it will clear the air out. Make sure you have hot batts and no more than 15 seconds on the starter. Wait a couple minutes between cranks to cool the starter. If you had it running, that is not the issue.

Cleaning is the IPR itself. That link has a good how to.

·
Headwind Magnet
626 Posts
i meant 30 psi on the fuel pressure regulator. you think theres a chance that the ipr is clogged or has dirt in it from doing the injectors?
That sounds low, doesn't it? I thought fuel pressure was supposed to be 60+/-10?
Best,
Jim

1 - 20 of 23 Posts