Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day i was driving around and my truck start hazen just a little amount of blue smoke at lower rpms but went away. it mainy did it when i would let it idle for over 5minutes, but as soon as i drove it and got it into the higher rpms it went away. then the other day i was letting one of my buddies drive it to the shop to get some diesel for the loader we were using and as we were turning down his road it starting knocking and shaking and had no power, acted like it wasnt firing on all cylinders, but again the knock went away at higher rpms. finished driving it the 1/4-1/2mile to the shop and put it into neutral to turn down the drive way and it just starting bellowing white smoke, an ungodly amount of it to. shut it off and went to restart it and the motor locked up. (locked like as if you changed the injectors without purgeing the oil out). was towing it home and decided to see if pop starting it would free it up so i put it into 5th and poped the clutch and it started up and did the same thing just keep roaling white/blue smoke so i turned it back off and its locked up again so im thinking i maybe got an injector stuck open filling a cylinder with oil/fuel.
whats your input? if so how would i find out which injector it is?

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
Sounds like you have a injector crush washer / o-ring failure.

Pull glow plugs and turn engine over BY HAND and see which cylinder shoots fuel out to verify which one it is.

My concerns now would be the health of your rod(s). Forcing a hydro-locked engine over can result in a bent/ fatigued rod. You cannot compress a liquid (for arguments sake) and something has to give, whether it be valve, ring, rod, headgasket.............. something had to give the let the fluid escape.

Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts