Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
wish i had a 6.4l
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after 2 years of driving around on a weak injector, i'm finally going to replace it. my number 4 injector constantly misfires, and is in need of replacement. i have a few questions i have been looking at a few aftermarket remanufactured injectors one being alliant diesel from parts train and dtech from xtream diesel performance both about $185. just wondering if anyone has used either of them or what replacement injectors u have used, also i was curious as to what i can expect when pulling it out, troubles i will face? i have another question about pulling the hpo fitting off the hpo rail, you are suppost to use a special service tool but i was wondering if i can just use a screwdriver? and just one more question when i actually pull the injector out do i have to worry about a bunch of fuel spilling in to the cylinder?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Buy an injector from the Ford dealer.

U will need a T40 torx for the injector hold down.

If you do not have the tool, two screwdrivers will pop that line off.

When you pull the injector out a small amount of fuel will leak in, its not enough to worry about though.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I got mine from Oregon Fuel Injection at $225+core each. Dealership wanted $285. OFI was local to me (about an hour away) so I felt better knowing I could walk in their front door if I had problems. Service and product was great. FYI, the injectors they sold were Alliant rebuilds, from what I've heard they do the OEM rebuilds as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I used XDP with good results. They shipped them out fast and had a return shipping label to send the core back.

·
wish i had a 6.4l
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i herd the wrench that came with my air die grinder and cut off tool may work to pop off the hpo feed line? so looks like i could go with either one and not have to much trouble, i think i will go with xdp, cause i buy a lot of my parts threw them with no troubles. thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts