Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about 2 months ago, I had to replace my injectors. I wasn't going to take it to a shop because I've replace injectors before, and I was pretty good at it. Blah blah blah, I get down in the passenger side, cylinder 7. I've got every other injector changed out. But this one, this one is different. The head on the bolt of the injector hold down is stripped! Love it. Not to mention it's the HARDEST one to get to/see. If you've ever changed injectors on a 6.0 with the cab on, you know what I'm taking about. Now, I didn't strip it. I have the fancy $45 snap on t40 that is just for injector removal on the 6.0. I got every other one out easy peasy. But this one, WILL NOT GRAB. I've tried the t40, I've tried taking a t45 and slightly sanding it down to compensate for the stripped hole, I've tried JB weld, I've tried vice grips, I've tried screwdrivers, I've tried allens, and probably more that I can't think of. So I said, screw it, and I put it back together with 7 new injectors, and the number 7 cylinder still being the stock one that came from the factory. Well, it finally stopped working. So now I'm looking for any and all thoughts or ideas on how to get this last injector hold down out. I will try ANYTHING, it does NOT matter. Yes I can take it to a shop and have them do it, but no I don't want to. I'm determined to figure this out. Thanks!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's like every other injector hold down, just the torx part where it grabs is now a circle

·
PSN intsigator
6,621 Posts
Can you hammer a allen or torq socket into the head to get it to bit again. Maybe hammer and cold chisel to get it loose.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Also, maybe try an easy-out? I'm a big fan of the hammer and chisel too, though, so don't rule it out. That method has gotten a lot of bolts free for me. I'm just concerned someone may have used red loctite. If all else fails, you may wind up having to carefully grind off the head, removed the injector, and then heat up the shaft of the bolt before using a special tool (can't remember the name) designed for grabbing broken bolts. But that's last ditch effort there!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
In the past I've used a hacksaw blade or cut off wheel to cut a line for a flat blade screw driver, then used a cheap O Riellys impact driver to break it loose. ( By impact driver I mean the screw driver thing you smack with a hammer, commonly used for motorcycle cover screws)

Not sure if you have clearance for all that though......

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Remove the top horizontal bolt that holds the electrical. 4mm socket and t10. Remove electrical harness That should give you more room to access the head of the hold down bolt. What I have done in the past[depending on the accessibility] is either stick your t40 in the hole and weld it. But what i prefer to do is find a nut thats about the same diameter as the head and weld the inside of the nut to the head of the bolt. The heat will also help loosen it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts