Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am ready to take the "go the newby thread" comments, but I can't find them in my searches so....what is the breakdown of the injector classification numbers. Meaning what does the 160/30 , 175/146, 300/200 etc... mean? I have tried to search but have come up empty. I have an engineering degree and am no where near an expert but probably wouldn't be classified as wet behind the ears either. HELP? I think I can do more but want to be sure I know what I am doing. Thanks.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
OK, I am ready to take the "go the newby thread" comments, but I can't find them in my searches so....what is the breakdown of the injector classification numbers. Meaning what does the 160/30 , 175/146, 300/200 etc... mean? I have tried to search but have come up empty. I have an engineering degree and am no where near an expert but probably wouldn't be classified as wet behind the ears either. HELP? I think I can do more but want to be sure I know what I am doing. Thanks.
To clarify what was said above...

CCx1000 shots and % over stock...

Example...

160/100 is 160cc per 1000 shots with 100% larger then stock nozzles.

250/200 is 250cc per 1000 shots with 200% larger then stock nozzles...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not to steal this thread or anything but could someone suggest what injectors I should go with for a all stock 02 7.3? I have aef air intake and muffler delete only.... thinking its a coincidence but I just deleted muffler last wk and now it wont start without being plugged in when its ten degrees, started fine at -16 below couple wks ago so im guessing my injectors are going out. Thanks guys. Newbie without a clue.....

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
Not to steal this thread or anything but could someone suggest what injectors I should go with for a all stock 02 7.3? I have aef air intake and muffler delete only.... thinking its a coincidence but I just deleted muffler last wk and now it wont start without being plugged in when its ten degrees, started fine at -16 below couple wks ago so im guessing my injectors are going out. Thanks guys. Newbie without a clue.....
Either rebuilt ad's or a set of 160/30 if you want a step up

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, so I have a TS 6 position with PHP for stock setup, new UVCH, New IDM, stock/new HPOP, new IPR, a newly built transmission, fresh rebuilt rear end and a 6637 intake hutch mod etc...what would the various suggestions be when mine takes a dump? I do not drag race, and pull 7-8K on trailer or boat occasionally. I like the summer 16.5 mpg and usually drive around in the PHP 80 Daily Driver and seldom floor it. I do like quick throttle response and have been researching new aftermarket turbo.

·
Registered
633 Posts
For what you do, 160/30's and a Brute 66 from DynoProven or a SD66 from Beans. Proven setup for towing and mild performance. Capable of keeping the milage if not adding a bit more. Defiantly capable of making you forget about milage for a while too lol.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
a set of 238 hybrids is pretty close in price to a set of 160s.
I wouldnt do small injectors for that little of a cost savings.
I think a set of 238s would be the smallest I would bother swapping for

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
a set of 238 hybrids is pretty close in price to a set of 160s.
I wouldnt do small injectors for that little of a cost savings.
I think a set of 238s would be the smallest I would bother swapping for
It really depends on your HP goal... I have run 160's (in fact my wifes Excursion has a set of AC's in it now) and there a perfect injector for 380-400hp... If your goal is not more then that, why bother with a larger injector?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.