Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i am wondering if 225cc injectors would change my ability to drive it every day. my horsepower goals are anywhere from 600 to 650hp.

·
JGman141
859 Posts
hey i am wondering if 225cc injectors would change my ability to drive it every day. my horsepower goals are anywhere from 600 to 650hp.
I'm not having any issues daily driving mine so you should be fine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Nozzles will play more of a factor and the tuning than the body size.

It's always the second part of the equation that's most important.

D

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
225/100's will be completely streetable. I ran them with a stock turbo, never had an issue.
Or you may want to try 225/75's if you are worried about EGT's or towing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
IMO 190-205s should get you there. There are lots of guys doing it with bigger vgt turbos. The problem with 225s is some guys actually lose power because they start to lose ICP. Dual hpops and 225s should get you to the 650-700hp range... with all the other supporting mods. A tranny will be a must.

If you only want 600-650 I would stick with 205s... should be plenty of fuel. 205/75s should get you there pretty easy and you can keep your stock hpop system. You will obviously need a descent sized turbo to mee these goals.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
pretty hard to tell you what is going to work for YOU and what wont. Problem is when some cut a piston or plunger according to a math problem of cubic mm, and dont account for flow and pressure, your results vary quite a bit. Sure you can get an injector to flow 225cc, but at what injection pressure and what pulse width? And at what point do you run out of high pressure oil volume? You dont see the lack of volume on a test bench which is why some cut the pistons so short people cant maintain ICP on a "175/75". But then again, what rpm, pressure, and pulse width did it determine is "175/75" rating on the bench?

You be the judge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts