Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the diesel game, and have recently bought myself a '95 F250. I do believe I have an injector going out, and since I am going to put a chip in it soon I was wanting to go ahead and upgrade. Right now I'm looking at a chip, hpop, intake, exhaust, and injectors that I want to do to the truck. I've tried to do a little research and more will be in the works when I find the time. My question is what would be my best bet? From what I've read, I believe I'm going to go with Stage 1s, because I've seen other mods would be needed to support Stage 2s? Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
350 Posts
You will have some options for sure. I'd start up with Cary at ctperformanceinc.com
He's done some pretty amazing things with many OBS trucks. Engine, trans, interior, suspension.. He's pretty amazing.

I'm sure others will chime in with other options as well. There's a lot of great vendors here.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Before you start i will say this Gauges, Gauges, oh ya did i say Gauges. Turbo, tranny,and boost. things like coolant filters, and regulated fuel returns are very good items to keep the parts in operation in good working order. I had a 2000 7.3 so i need to stop there the older engines required a little different combination. But ask yourself what HP am i aiming for? mine was close to 400 at the wheels and that was alot of fun. Stage one injectors will not get you there, but stage 2's tuned back will when you are ready with the other mods. any YOU will be bitten by the mod bug when you feel what the difference between about 200 hp stock ,Maxed stage ones at about 300. You will want the 400 range. at 400 at the wheels its like a 5 litre mustang, puts you back in the seat pretty good, will roast the back tires almost at will.....The mod fever.... Cant wait to try something with my 2011 6.7

·
Registered
350 Posts
If not go to youtube and enter 7.3 Powerstroke burnout

Also this was at 4,900' elevation.

Just make sure you have all supporting mods prior to fuel and air. Just my .02

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Nice burnout.... Not. To the op get custom tunes by who ever you'd like I prefer cale at tyrant, t500 hpop gauges and some ffd stage 1s. But how strong is your trans

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trans is getting tired, but that shouldn't be a problem to rebuild in the coming months providing my job keeps going good. And I would eventually like to get the truck up around 400hp, but not looking for anything too crazy at the moment.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And I'm already working on getting a nice gauge setup, I understand that needs to be done before any kind of fuel/air modding. Because I'd really hate to burn something up. Lol.

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
If your looking for 400 then I would do all the mods I listed but add stages 2s rather than ones and maybe some e fuel.

·
Registered
444 Posts
like i said stage 2's can be turned back to 250, or 300hp to give you some go but save the transmission till you are ready for the rest of the performance. there seems to be alot of people going with hybrids 235/80 i believe, also you will need an intercooler if you want 400hp. do some research, talk to some of the reputible builders and have fun... remember GUAGES....if you take your exhaust temp past about 1350 degrees you start to melt pistons, and as soon as you start the mods it is easy to get it there before you know it. Good luck with the tires......LOL

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm bone stock and the tires are already catching hell. I came from a Ranger and couldn't keep tires on it. I've been doing a lot of reading and still have a lot to go before I do anything as I like to understand what I'm doing. I appreciate all the help guys, I'm sure I'll have many more questions to come.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts