Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im still learning a lot about these diesels and was looking to upgrade my injectors. I was looking on Rifraffs website and saw they offer different cc's on the Full Force injectors. Im looking at the 180cc, 200cc, and 225cc and was curious what would be best for me.
The truck is a daily driver with a attitude, mostly drivin like granny on her way to church, but looses its temper when someone with a sticker covered import thinks that fart can muffler added 300hp. I also do a lot of mountain driving so i need the power to go up steep grades without overheating anything.

Heres my setup
38r
Regulated fuel return
intake
4" turbo back exhaust
T500 HPOP
Tuner
John woods valve body
35" tires maybe 37"s soon
High flow turbo outlet with non EBPV pedistal

Also if someone could give a quick breakdown on how injectors work thatd be nice.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
What year is your truck?
Going to stage 1's..160-180cc will need additional Trans mods
Going to stage 2's and larger, a built trans..JW or a BTS plus additional engine mods esp if you have PMR's..

IMO for most owners a set of stage 1's will get it done..up to 400HP with support mods great fuel MPG's and easy on the wallet.

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
do it right and go with 238/100 along with supporting internal mods while your at it just for more protection

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
Sorry Bruce, I ment 250's instead of 238's

·
Registered
498 Posts
Check out my sig... Could not be happier. At minimum do 238/100... I had 160/100's and was not pleased.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Head studs and new tranny are not in the budget right now. I was just curious about how much more the 200ccs woul dadd over 180, and if a t500 would run 200s.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My truck has the forged rods so i should be alright for internals. You guys are makin me think of going bigger which is going to get me in trouble lol.

·
Davey B
930 Posts
I'm not really that familiar with the 200s, but I know a bunch of people running the 180s an are very happy with them. If you think down the road you'll wanna go bigger, then I would suggest a mild hybrid an have your tuner pull them back a little to help save your trans an everything else. Otherwise, either of the 2 injectors you mentioned will make for a fun daily driver/tow rig.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would get 250/100's or 200's and detune to a safer level, where you don't need headstuds, pushrods, etc.

You are still living on borrowed time even with the mods you have now with the stock trans.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Diesel Power Mag just did an article about injector sizes. They said go for the largest 250cc and have your tunes set up for the rest of the parts you have. In other words if you cant afford to fully build your tranny right now you can have the tune to reflect that. When you want to up the H.P., and you will, you already have the ability to inject enough fuel for what ever mods you want ie. nitro,hotter tunes, bigger turbo(s) ect. Kind of made sense to me.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
I like the 238/80 if you never plan on going bigger than a 38r turbo..... that injector should have been what they put in the 7.3 stock.

·
Davey B
930 Posts
I like the 238/80 if you never plan on going bigger than a 38r turbo..... that injector should have been what they put in the 7.3 stock.
That woulda made for a Bada$$ "stock" truck haha

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya i was looking at 238s. My limit is 1900 for injectors. I think tmrw im ordering it all from Full Force unless someone can ponit me in a better direction for all my stuff.

·
Davey B
930 Posts
ya i was looking at 238s. My limit is 1900 for injectors. I think tmrw im ordering it all from Full Force unless someone can ponit me in a better direction for all my stuff.
You've picked a good direction. I've never ran his sticks, but he has a lot of happy customers, an I'm sure you'll be another one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well i ended up gettin a set of 180cc injectors along with my turbo, srp1, bellowed up-pipes, and tuner from Full Force today. Great guys over there i spent 30min on the phone asking every noob question i could think of and got solid answers. Went with the 180s because i dont really want to upgrade past 450hp and didnt want head studs and all that.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Well i ended up gettin a set of 180cc injectors along with my turbo, srp1, bellowed up-pipes, and tuner from Full Force today. Great guys over there i spent 30min on the phone asking every noob question i could think of and got solid answers. Went with the 180s because i dont really want to upgrade past 450hp and didnt want head studs and all that.
you will!! i already want to go bigger with mine and its only been running rite for a little while now.. if i did it again wich i am going too.. i would have gone with the 250/100%-200% and had them detuned to what you need for the time being....

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
build it once and build it right, dont cut corners because you can get by for now. i'm buying supporting mods until i can afford the 250's. sure i'm spending extra $$ but i'll have the confidence in knowing my motor will hold together when i turn it up to pull with it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts