Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm gettin ready to get some diy 160cc injectors from my cuz and was wondering what to expect with them? he bought the kit from rosewood and had a local put them together and then decided to og bigger so lucky me. :evil:ford:

ryan

·
Registered
504 Posts
Assuming you have good tunes and everything is working the way it should, right around 400hp prob a little less. At least I think thats what the guys at Beans have been getting out of stage 1's.

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
Assuming you have good tunes and everything is working the way it should, right around 400hp prob a little less. At least I think thats what the guys at Beans have been getting out of stage 1's.
380 is average, if you have a crappy turbo like me, then 360 is about all you can hope for.

On a dynodynamics.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
speaking of proper tuning will i have to have custom tuning for these or will i beable to run my "canned" tunes for the time being until my wallet lets go of some of my money. just asking bc he couldn't tell me if they were singles or splits (hes kinda newb and didn't kno what i was talking bout)

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
If you are going from stock which are split shot injectors to this whihc are singles yes you will have to have your tunes updated as otherwise it will run like crap.

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
If they're rosewood DIY, and they're his kit for AD's, then they're still splits.

If they're the kit for AA's, then they're singles.

So, look at the code on the top of the injector and it'll tell you what it is.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Something to think about but if I was upgrading I would not be staying with split shots.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
he said they were 160ccs but if they r just 130cc with bigger nozzles will i still benafit from gettin them

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
look at what they were built from and see if the plunger an barrel assemblies were changed.... 160cc is a common single shot size

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Did your cousin actually install these and run them so you know for a FACT they are GTG?

Are you paying money for these or is he giving them to you in exchange for your stock ones which he will then send in as the cores for his new bigger Injectors?

At 200k+ miles your injectors are likely worn. If these are good running then it could be good even without gain in capacity or flow.

If they are 160s I wonder how your HPOP will do. I know many that can throw a code on their hot tune with completely stock injectors.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no he bought them from a guy that ran them for a year and went bigger but never installed them on his truck bc he wants to go bigger so i am just trading him mine for cores no money...my hpop is only bout 6months old bc my other on went down quick and i didnt have the funds at the time to buy an adrinaline so i picked up on out of a wrecked 01 with 100xxx mi on it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts