Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this for a friend.

The truck doesn`t get driven as much as it used to because of my TDI Jetta, so it sits for a week, sometimes 2 at a time, before I drive it. It has been really hard starting for several months now, and I thought it was due to the sitting, but even when I was driving it everyday, or every other it was being difficult to start. Once started it appeared to run fine.

It had only been 8000 miles since my last fuel filter change, but I figured I would change them. I did, and the starting got a little better, but still not what it used to be.

Before you say batteries, it isn`t. The motor is cranking fast, just not starting.

Well coming back from the mountains of WV yesterday afternoon, I was climbing a small hill in comparison to the mountains I had crossed an hour earlier and the Check Engine light came on. The guages all seemed fine, and truck was still running strong.

Checked the codes when I got home, and they were:
P0261, P0264, P0267, P0270, P0273, P0276, P0279, P0282.

They are the "Injector Circuit Low" for each of the eight cylinders.

·
Registered
23 Posts
sounds like the ficm is done, did you get p0611, can you whatch your ficm voltage pids, 2 of the pids should be at battery voltage the 3rd pid should be at 48 volts, if the 48v pid drops below 45v at any time while driving it will set those injector codes, the ficm is bad - hope this helps steve

·
Registered
650 Posts
sounds like the ficm is done, did you get p0611, can you whatch your ficm voltage pids, 2 of the pids should be at battery voltage the 3rd pid should be at 48 volts, if the 48v pid drops below 45v at any time while driving it will set those injector codes, the ficm is bad - hope this helps steve
I agree. Most likely the FICM going south.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts