Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have other issues going with a dealership, but this has come up as a result.

I have a new remanned #8 injector in my truck at the moment but the dealership is trying to prove to me that the one they took out is bad.

The tech took me back to the garage where he had my injector in what appeared to be a steel sleeve with air lines hooked up.

He filled it up to 100 psi and let it off. It had a very slow leak, I know in theory this is supposed to be airtight indefinitely. He had told me that if it lost all pressure after 15 minutes it was bad, and that the poppet valves in my injector were shot. While we were there it had lost maybe 5 psi in the the couple minutes we talked, I am thinking it would take well over a 1/2 hour to lose all pressure. It certainly wasn't gushing air and would be about what I expect from an injector with 75000 miles on it. I had asked him if the truck would throw a code or run real bad if he put this injector back in. He answered with an extremely hesitant yes.

Can anyone fill me in a bit more?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Ask him to show you what a brand new one would do.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am going to head back over there tomorrow night hopefully. I will have the tech get a new one out.

thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts