Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
High Plains Powerstroke
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who is a Ford mechanic and wants to put new O rings on my injectors. I understand it is a good idea, but what are other peoples results after getting the O rings done? Just curious?

Would love to get some bigger injectors and probably will when funds allow. That could be 6 to 8 months away though.

Any info would be good.

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
If your current o-rings are in good shape, then you'll notice absolutely zero difference.

First you need to figure out if you do have bad o-rings. If you do, then swapping them out might be worthwhile.

I used a sudden increase in oil consumption to determine that I had bad o-rings. Sure enough, when I pulled all the injectors out, I had a few bad ones.

However, if you are noticing nothing abnormal with the way your truck runs, or the amount of oil it consumes between oil changes, then there's really no need to bother with it. Especially if you are thinking about bigger injectors later in the year.

·
High Plains Powerstroke
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That explains why I have had some odd oil consumption. It is very rare for my truck to use oil. That would explain it. Thanks I appreciate it. Thanks for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts