Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered rosewood`s stage 1 injector rebuild kit. In the instructions it says to machine .100 thousandths off the intinsifier piston. My question is what if only got .050 machined off?? that would still give me alot more power i would think and i wouldn`t have to worry about my stock clutch while towing. Has anyone ever tried this or thought of it? I`m kind f just thinking out loud and curious of what you guys would think. I`m going to call Jim Rose tomorrow and talk to him about this. Thans for any input, Roger.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
MR. Rose has put a lot of time and effort into his kits and I would think that if they could be modified in any way that would effect performance for the better or even in a desirable manor than he would include that in his instructions. Not sure though I would have to say that he would have the final word as I'm sure he worked his way up to the measurement given when he first designed the kit. He could probably tell you the exact affect it had.

·
Registered
797 Posts
The stock clutch IMHO is pretty much worthless even for an unmodified engine. Well, not really the clutch itself, but the factory dual-mass flywheel is junk.

I'd go ahead and machine the intensifier pistons per instructions. While you're waiting on the machine shop, order a clutch with a traditional single piece flywheel.

If you are towing, I would do the clutch BEFORE even messing with the injectors. My factory clutch had not been abused with only moderate towing, but when I took the dual mass flywheel off last summer at 105K miles, I realized I had been living on borrowed time.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
The tuning can make those the same as stock out to all they can do. In other words on those let the tuning control it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don`t have a dual mass flywheel. I just want a little more power w/o burning up my clutch prematurely.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
The tuning can make those the same as stock out to all they can do. In other words on those let the tuning control it.
:whs:
do the inj's the way they were meant to be, adj your tuning back, and control the nut behind the wheel to save your clutch :D
and it's way easier to change tuning than re-modify your inj's

·
Registered
797 Posts
I don`t have a dual mass flywheel. I just want a little more power w/o burning up my clutch prematurely.
Ah good deal, then I concur with the others!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts