Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the trick to get it to slide up to get it out from around the top bolt?

I've got head studs but they're doesn't seem to be a clearance issue, I mean it moves around alittle just wont slide up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Anything wrong with just taking the top bolt out?
No, just make sure you blow the oil out of the bolt holes before reinstalling them. The upper and lower bolts are different lengths from what I remember, so keep track of that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ya I got a rag and got what I could out. What plumbing needs to come off to make taking off the passenger side valve cover easiest.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, just make sure you blow the oil out of the bolt holes before reinstalling them. The upper and lower bolts are different lengths from what I remember, so keep track of that.
probaly what I'll do, can't see it but I think the hold down is hitting the head stud and thats stopping it from sliding up.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Are there shorter ones like there are with ARPs? The short ones go under THE injectors and the rest should be the same length

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Are there shorter ones like there are with ARPs? The short ones go under THE injectors and the rest should be the same length
No
IIRC the H-11 are all one length. I had clearance issues with the H-11 stud and the injector hold down. Called WOP and talked to Zane and he advised to take a grinder to the hold down and remove enough to clear the Stud. Remember which injector s you grind as if you ever remove the injectors you will need to put the ground down injector back in the same hole.
Before grinding on the hold down we wrapped the injector in plastic wrap to protect it from foreign debris.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
No on the H11 there all the same length . I just installed some H11's and did some measurements and it should clear. I guess I should put and injector in and see.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
No
IIRC the H-11 are all one length. I had clearance issues with the H-11 stud and the injector hold down. Called WOP and talked to Zane and he advised to take a grinder to the hold down and remove enough to clear the Stud. Remember which injector s you grind as if you ever remove the injectors you will need to put the ground down injector back in the same hole.
Do you remember how much of the stud was sticking above the nut on your?

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Do you remember how much of the stud was sticking above the nut on your?
1-2 threads which was enough to keep the injector hold down from seating in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts