Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think its about time one of the vendors here do such a thing, knock off a few hundy and im sure people will just be throwing singles at ya like a strip club.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
thing is you have to figure out which injector builder to go through and then that's going to cut ppl out b/c they may have already decided on a certain shop they wanted to build their injectors. Not a bad idea though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
very true, i think we all are in agreement who we would and who we wouldnt buy injectors from. with that being said, say one of the bigger names (swamps,elite,beans) just to name a few said hey instead of stage 2's at the cost of $1600 we are having a spring blowout and selling them at $1200 a set. i have my builder in mind but for saving $400 and having an equal injector, why wouldnt i, or anyone for that matter take that deal? and you have to wonder how many more people would get on board for a good deal. i say saving some dough is what the consumer really wants, and sales is what the producer wants. the only down side is there might be some sort of unwritten rule about cutting each others throats on injectors/turbos/chips etc and maybe thats why it hasnt been done yet.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Call up Unlimited Diesel. They already have smoking deals on Injectors.... :D

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
first place ill be calling whn I save the buck for um:D
I couldn't believe the price.

Did you ever get your truck back up and running?

·
MINK
1,049 Posts
I couldn't believe the price.

Did you ever get your truck back up and running?
motors going in monday...hopefully have it back on the road in acouple weeks...unfortunatly it got put off to the side but its back at priority at the moment:D

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
very true, i think we all are in agreement who we would and who we wouldnt buy injectors from. with that being said, say one of the bigger names (swamps,elite,beans) just to name a few said hey instead of stage 2's at the cost of $1600 we are having a spring blowout and selling them at $1200 a set. i have my builder in mind but for saving $400 and having an equal injector, why wouldnt i, or anyone for that matter take that deal? and you have to wonder how many more people would get on board for a good deal. i say saving some dough is what the consumer really wants, and sales is what the producer wants. the only down side is there might be some sort of unwritten rule about cutting each others throats on injectors/turbos/chips etc and maybe thats why it hasnt been done yet.
I don't see any of the builders knocking $40 off a set of injectors, unless it's one of the larger sets, and you're a very good customer, more like a sponsored customer. You may want to try asking more so than kind of demanding they give a discount.

There isn't much profit in building injectors, or everyone would be doing it. LOL Even just DIY'ing a set, without any machine work, takes alot of time.

I will say a group buy would be nice, but I wouldn't just be buying stage II's.

Dave

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
If you want a better price on injectors, keep searching, there are shops cheaper than those listed above. ;)

And I can't speak for all the shops, but when you're as busy as we are, there's no real incentive to drop prices to get more work...

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
Like was stated before there isnt much profit in injectors from what ive heard, most of the cost of an injector is parts and the time spent on a machine to make it work correct, and then some of the higher ones have shelled out $$$ to buy flow benches to double check their work were as some dont.

I just ordered my 400/400 monday, and dave said theyd be about 2 or 3 weeks before i would see them. so obviously they are very busy also.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Still wouldn't hurt for a group buy...
If I was in the market or better yet had money to buy injecors I want,
Discounts are welcome...lol buy 7 get 1 free, free shipping,10% off etc.
Going from 1600 to 1200 is sweet but a big jump. Also stock on hand plays a big part.
How many shops have 18 sets of stg2 and 3's ready to ship.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
If you want a better price on injectors, keep searching, there are shops cheaper than those listed above. ;)

And I can't speak for all the shops, but when you're as busy as we are, there's no real incentive to drop prices to get more work...
Jim, but who?:poke: :ford:

Group buys are a great idea, but if your busy, the only incentive would be new customers. Hmmm, nothing wrong with that as long as they are willing to wait. :D

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I do not mind spending the money for top quality and very consistent product like the sponsors that build injectors do produce,but to say there is little profit in injectors (for price comparison) when you have price range for stage III 238-250 and only a 30% nozzle ranging from $1585 up to $2990, come on? And you have to figure the guy at the low end is still making enough of a profit or he could not be doing it as his main buisness. So I think its safe to say there is a good amount of profit in some injectors. Just between those two retail prices you have $1405 that everyone falls somewhere in that range with profit even at the bottom. That is a healthy profit. Again I am not crying foul or anything of the like. I want our vendors to make money as that is what goes to new product development. But to say there is little mark up across the board is not supported by the prices being charged. When I pick my critical parts price does play a role but its not the main thing that leads me. The integrity and reputation of the company/individual and their product's performance record are all first and foremost.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
It's tough talking profits.
The shops with higher prices than others have a lot more overhead and have dealers with whom they themselves have to share pricing with and make a profit. So it's no surprise they charge more.
;)

·
Registered
745 Posts
My 2 cents.
Is there more work is the parts more exspensive? from a set of stage1 to set of stage 3. Or are we getting charged another grand to change the tool size when machining a set of injectors?

I have no idea what goes into an injector or what all has to be done so like i said my .02.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
The larger you go the more expensive the parts get.
And the more fuel you flow the more they can be off, so more time is needed to adjust them. Time is money...

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
It's tough talking profits.
The shops with higher prices than others have a lot more overhead and have dealers with whom they themselves have to share pricing with and make a profit. So it's no surprise they charge more.
;)

That is very true. When you start to have dealer and distributors and different levels there has to be enough for everyone to make a profit.

Here is a question. With attempting to take brand loyalty etc out of the equation, how many feel there are noticeable performance differences between same volume nozzle size spec'd injectors between the various popular injector makers that are vendors on this site?

My not overly experienced opinion is, that up until you get a above a basic stage III its all very close, if not even. Possibly as you get into the bigger fire hoses with fast and sho mods the likelihood that noticeable performance differences will separate different companies injectors greatly increases.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts