Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at 2 specific injectors and only these 2. Please don’t suggest another design. I can get either swamp 160/stock or FF stage 2 split shots. Money tight. Daily driver, commuter and grocery getter. Zero supporting mods other than billet wheel, gauges, Big ass Donaldson air filter and 4” turbo back. Replacing HPOP shortly with reman stocker as preventative maintenance but have good pressure. Have ts6 chip on the shelf that I never used.

Future mods. Will be close to gearhead tunes on short trip to Texas in a month so was thinking of getting custom tune if money allows.

I like the splits for drop-in and drive compatibility and larger nozzle. I like that good tuning can make them even better.

I like the singles because of more efficient oil use and they are still a step up on displacement even with boring stock nozzles. I don’t like being pretty much maxed out with no room but I prob won’t do any other mods anyway so...

Please help me choose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry folks I jacked post and can’t edit it. Swamps stage 2 splits and Ff 160 single are the choices. Sorry for confusion.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi abcits123 I did full force stage 1.5 witch is 180/30 singles shot injectors and had them burn my ts6 chip for free I love them. If it were me I go with full force stage 1 180/stock nozzle single shots with a free reburn on the chip you have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know. They are very similar. Why I came to you all.

Not much love for splits but these are swamps and have a nozzle and are drop in compatible. I can drive over to Atlanta and get tuned in person next time I am up there.

The singles are 160cc but stock. They will be oil efficient. They will require a tune immediately to work at all so it will be non optimum canned tune. Only paying tuner fee one time.

Decisions! Lol.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Most stage 2 splits are just 140cc AD injectors with 30% nozzles swapped. Only advantage i can see is the ability to run them without a tune if need be and retaining split shots for a quiter truck and emissions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it’s only a small boost in displacement but the single shot should keep oil high, higher in rpm right? I can’t much love for the split shot stage 2’s anywhere so might rule them out by default. Dynomite has a lot of positive thing to say about them but admitted optimum tuning was hard to come by.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’ve been doing a lot of research. I’d love some 180 w nozzles but new ones cost too much and can’t find any used I feel good about.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
160/30 will be efficient throughout the rom range but I thin will run out at 3200rpm @[email protected] ???

For sure 200/30 or 200/200 will run out after 3700 then it will act stock injectors afterwards.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Steer clear of 180cc A codes too. They also get oil hungry.

Injectors are not something to cheap out on either. So don't compromise your back pocket just to get into a set. Chances are, you'll be spending 2-3x again in the near future.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've been running the FF Stage 1's for a few years. Have a TW chip and had to send it in due to contacts in knob wearing out. These single shots even ran decent w/o chip. They've been a good fit for my daily driver, lighter towing needs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts