Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...Really not sure what you're asking.

:confused:

What is Rotella ELC and what sealant are you speaking of?
I was asking if the early year blocks,example 97 will work with Rotella ELC (Red)engine coolant will work. I have read somewhere that the coolant will leak at the injector cups due to the sealant that international used I think on the early engines,not sure from year to what year.
I think you could use the green stuff on any year but the red stuff only on the later engines?
So I read by installing new cups,the sealer that comes with it, is compatible with the Rotella ELC antifreeze engine coolant.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I was asking if the early year blocks,example 97 will work with Rotella ELC (Red)engine coolant will work. I have read somewhere that the coolant will leak at the injector cups due to the sealant that international used I think on the early engines,not sure from year to what year.
I think you could use the green stuff on any year but the red stuff only on the later engines?
So I read by installing new cups,the sealer that comes with it, is compatible with the Rotella ELC antifreeze engine coolant.
Goggle gooch's coolant flush

tells all about the diff anti-freeze & which years use which, I believe there's more to it than just the injector cups involved

1 - 6 of 6 Posts