Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing injectors on a friends truck, and things have been going along well till I got to the pass side. 7 of the 8 injectors (@377k miles all original) looked the same in the area below the lowermost o-ring. One was very clean and has what looked like some pitting and light rust to the body. This injector nozzle also was very very coked up.

Given that it is the only odd ball out of the group and the mileage I was thinking there could be an injector cup issue, but EVERYTHING i have read says fuel in coolant. I question that if the crack happens below the lower o-ring of the injector would there be no fuel in the coolant provided the o-ring is intact? I am gonna pressure test the cooling system later today and see if I see anything in the cup in question, but I figured it was worth asking to see if anyone had seen something like this?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
could it have been leaky orings?
with the injectors out you could try to pressurize the coolant system some and look for leaks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anything I would gave tthought the next injector would have had leaky oring problems since it was fallig apart when i pulled the injector out. I plan to rig up a coolant pressure tester tonight with my motive brake bleeder. But I still have yet to find anyone saying they have seen a leaking cup with no fuel in the coolant.

Makes me wonder though cause my own truck loses about a quart or so of coolant every 6 months but I cant find a leak anywhere no do I see dried up coolant. Wondering if I have a xracked cup and dont know it.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
look for a trail of corrosion.. mine leaks a bit. 116k waterpump died ..leaked at the weep hole on the pump. 155k leaked from tstat housing dribbled down to the right . then 200k the goose neck oring of the water pump..(dribbled on to steering links bars etc..
now 250k some where on the pump gasket..drips down to the left runs on to the dip stick

oil cooler maybe? idk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts