Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys been a while since ive chimed in on the nation. I have recently done a crap load of work to my truck. New hpop/new icp/new ipr/ new Ebp/ rebuilt turbo/ new head gaskets/ machined cyl heads/ arp studs/ coolant filter/ egr delete/ I just picked up a set of injectors from international. I was running low on time today so only installed the passenger side set of injectors. I drove my truck about 35 miles on 75 going home at about 80-85 mph. I understand air will be present in my oil system after completing new injectors but the missfire is still present. I've double checked connections and ipr is at about 22.3 and icp 630 at idle. Iam wondering since I had 5 bad injectors according to a IDs software thAt since I installed new injectors on passenger side that my driver side injectors are not compensating for bad injectors anymore therefor making a missfire more noticeable since they are not working as hard anymore. Could this be a possibility? Any suggestions?

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Its possible. The FICM will try and change pulse width of certain injectors in some cases.

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ended up taking passenger side back apart to figure out the missfire. I unplugged cyl. 5 and nothing changed come to find out I broke the plastic part of the injector body. Can I just swap this from one of my old injectors? Or no? I'd really hate to have only 7 new injectors and not all 8. But then again if I can just swap that part with one of my old injectors and it wouldn't hinder the performance of the new injector I will. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Are you talking about the solenoid?
Did you break off one of the pieces I circled and have the arrows pointing to?

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
I have changed out just 1 injector and been fine with no issues. Should be fine to use a old 1 as long as you know it's good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes miller45103. I swapped it with one off my old injector but my new injectors have slots on end cap for stiction. This one won't now hope it doesn't make a difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts