Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys so I recently pulled the trigger on a set of full force 180/30’s and a hydra with gearhead tunes (truck already has exhaust, intake, plenums, riff raff CAC boots, bellowed up pipes, 6.0 trans cooler, and will be getting a cts2 monitor soon). I will be pulling the turbo to put a WW2 in as well. I tried to find a write up on breaking in injectors but didn’t have any luck. So, what’s the break in procedure? Also, where’s the best place to get the pedestal o’rings? I will be doing the diy ebpv delete as well. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Don’t do diy pedestal delete - go buy one it’s much easier and looks nicer.

Break in period - right foot nice and heavy one stop light to the next X life.

“Don’t overthink something simple people... ..:sigh:..”

·
Registered
228 Posts
I did about 50 miles of mixed driving and half throttle pulls just to make sure I got all the air out the oil system. Once everything checked good and idled right then the fun begins. This is what I did it is not needed but it is up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
shade tree mechanic
85 Posts
the borgwarner sxe turbo installed when i changed my inj's, said to put 20 easy mile on the turbo. i was having a nasty idle issue also ( new adrenaline hpop at the same time as the 205/30 inj's), so i put on 20 easy miles ( per borgwarners instructions) with no more than 5 psi boost, then checked for oil leaks. looked good so i jumped on the interstate, set the cruise at 80 mph and put 100 miles on them. idle issue did improve but never went away. turned out to be power hungry's tune. i have 1 tune from 1023 and it took care of it. still waiting on my tow tunes from 1023 though.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
the borgwarner sxe turbo installed when i changed my inj's, said to put 20 easy mile on the turbo. i was having a nasty idle issue also ( new adrenaline hpop at the same time as the 205/30 inj's), so i put on 20 easy miles ( per borgwarners instructions) with no more than 5 psi boost, then checked for oil leaks. looked good so i jumped on the interstate, set the cruise at 80 mph and put 100 miles on them. idle issue did improve but never went away. turned out to be power hungry's tune. i have 1 tune from 1023 and it took care of it. still waiting on my tow tunes from 1023 though.

Yup I have tunes from cncfab that did that. Idle lopes only when at a stop. Bill at php took care of that.

I had new 160/30. Didn’t break it in - wasn’t gentle either. Got a new rebuilt turbo I want to try out!

“Don’t overthink something simple people... ..:sigh:..”

·
shade tree mechanic
85 Posts
still waiting on revised tunes from power hungry through full force but haven't heardd or seen anything for a couple weeks. must be hard to write lol. there tunes are pretty good for towing but stock mode really isnt impressive. to touchy on tps. its an e99 so ecu isnt the best but still. went to single shot hybrid 205/30 so has to be a stockish tune lol i really wonder about larger split shots as in how they would compare?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts