Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Powerstroke is not equipped with an injection pump. It is HEUI (hydraulic electric unit injection).

It uses high pressure oil (crankcase oil) to actuate the injectors. It is more comparable to common rail than mechanical as the fuel is supplied through a rail in the heads along with the high pressure oil to fire the injectors.

·
ROLLIN' BLACK!!!!!
91 Posts
it possible your hpop is getting weak. what wong with you truck?? whats it doing to make you think its a (as you said) "injection pump"

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I drive for awhile shut it off do my earrands and start it back up it starts surging I give it throttle and eventually goes away. Doesn't do it all the time but it still does it. Not sure why, I checked for codes but the only thing I get is EBP Code, nothing else.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep it is at operating temperature. I did do the BB Mod. But it did it before I did the mod. Is there anyway to check the HPOP?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yep it is at operating temperature. I did do the BB Mod. But it did it before I did the mod. Is there anyway to check the HPOP?
Hook in a mechanical hydraulic pressure gauge into the oil rail.

IIRC like 500psi cranking is what is needed to start one, idle psi varies by programming.....should hold 2700 or more WOT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts